Location: Mississauga (Malton), Ontario
Pay rate: $28/- per hour
Days: Monday to Friday (Some evenings and weekends will be required)
Hours: 40 hours per week (30 minutes unpaid lunch break and two 15 minutes unpaid break) 35 paid hours per week, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Employer Engagement and relationship Maintenance:
Placement of Participants:
Job Search Support:
Conducts position-specific interview preparation with each participant, i.e. conduct mock interviews as needed;
Recruitment & Selection:
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
• College Diploma or University Degree in Social Services, Human Resources or Child and Youth Care Worker.
• Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in recruitment, job development and/or social services related fields.
• Minimum 3-4 years’ experience working with youth.
• Must have knowledge of the current labor market.
• Strong supervision and program planning skills.
• Good decision making and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of community resources, programs and services.
• Goal oriented, highly organized and flexible and adaptable with superior time management skills.
• Computer literate with internet and database experience and familiar with using career resources including computerized assessment tools.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, marketing and teamwork skills.
• Strong one to one coaching skills.
• Understanding of the sales process and the ability to effectively applying its principles to generate job leads and secure positions for participants.
• Vocational counselling/ placement experience with multi-barrier youth considered a strong asset.
• Employs flexible and creative approach to work to ensure that all requirements of the program are met.
• Strong command of both written and spoken English (proficiency in a second language which reflects the service area would be an asset) with strong presentation skills and resume writing ability.
• A valid Ontario driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for local travel.
How To Apply
Interested candidates please submit covering letter and resume to email@example.com addressed to The Hiring Committee.
No phone calls.
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org