The Career Pathways for Women Program will assist and support highly skilled visible minority newcomer women in the development of a career and employment plan based on a thorough assessment and provide them with opportunities for portfolio development, skills enhancement, development of professional networks and connections with potential employers.
- In-depth case management, including detailed notes and entry into a database
- Assist clients with building a portfolio that highlights their employability
- Provide mentorship to clients with the clear express purpose of coaching them for the Canadian workplace
- Facilitate structured and individualized support for conducting successful job search to individuals
- Provide career exploration, identification and clarification of interests, abilities, skills, education and experience in relation to short and long term career and employment goals in a group or individual setting
- Facilitate job search related workshops and assist on other workshop topics
- Organize, coordinate, and participate in career fairs and job fairs for clients
- Support individuals for disclosure of disabilities that may affect employment participation
- Preparation of job search tools including resumes and applications, interview and job search strategies, school and training record
- Provide support to client in assessing their qualifications against job requirements
- Provide information about and access to professional accreditation, language credentials and prior learning assessments
- Support mentoring and coaching during the job search process
- Provide supported referral and access to other services including but not limited to education & training
- Assist the Coordinator with outreach/marketing, and the recruitment and screening of applicants
- Contact participants after the program ends to offer further individual assistance and to determine participants’ achievements in relation to their career action plans.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, social services, or related area
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with newcomers in an employment-related field
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in some or all aspects of Job Search, coaching, mentoring, and case management
- Minimum of 2 years experience facilitating job search related sessions with knowledge of current job search techniques and assessment tools in a group setting to adult learners
- Ability to learn new technology tools such as the TCET’s parallel data management system (CETRA) and government database management system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LMI, job search and recruitment and community resources
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups –particularly newcomer women
- Demonstrated understanding of community resources, programs and services
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Goal oriented highly organized and flexible and adaptable: with superior time management skills
- Demonstrated use of computer technology including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), various web browsers, Internet networks, on-line employment tools and Web 2.0.
- Ability to administer and interpret Level B tests /psychological instruments, Personality Dimensions, MBTI, COP System or Life Skills Certification would be an asset
- Ability to work evenings, weekends or split shifts as necessary
- Ability to drive and access to a vehicle is a must for this position
Full Time, Temporary
Reporting to: Coordinator, Career Pathways for Women Program
Start date: September 14, 2020 (Immediately)
Hours: Mondays to Fridays 8:30am to 4:30pm (Some evenings & weekends may be required)
Annual salary: $50, 847.12 per annum
Location: Mississauga Sussex Centre
How to apply:
The Centre for Education & Training (TCET) is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, TCET will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring supervisor upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.