Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
Under the general guidance of the Director – Finance & Corporate Services, the incumbent shall be responsible for the maintenance of computer hardware and software systems that make up the organization’s computer network including the maintenance and monitoring of active data network and related network equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
- Diagnose hardware malfunctions, repair, maintain and upgrade computer hardware, peripherals and accessories as needed
- Establish and configure network connectivity for hardware and devices
- Complete configuration and set-up of new and relocating computers (all servers, desktops, monitors)
- Create login accounts for various computer, server systems and network printers
- Install and configure specialized software as authorized
- Conduct monthly visits to the various worksites for PC maintenance, clean-up and other related issues
- Perform regular Microsoft updates, risk management/backup procedures, software backups and virus protection updates, scans and repairs as part of the organization’s maintenance policy
- Ensure server back-ups are completed on a daily basis
- Review, prioritize, respond to IT repair and support requests; Document and track actions taken to resolve issue
- Escalate appropriate repair and support requests (when required) to 3rd party IT service provider
- Provide day to day technical and desktop support to staff with varying degrees of IT competencies
- Create, relocate and configuring user accounts; desktop, email and database
- Maintain agency-wide network of servers, workstations and printers
- Support, service and troubleshoot computers (servers, desktops, laptops), network equipment, printers and other peripherals hardware & software issues
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve first and second level hardware, software and network connectivity problems
- Maintain & troubleshoot LAN devices (hubs, routers, switches)
- Install and configure replacement equipment; coordinate major repair of hardware with outside vendors and warranty providers
- Perform data backups, data recovery operations and software reinstallation, software downloads and updates as needed
- Advise and assist staff in preparing specifications and requests for hardware and software purchase, ensuring that all required hardware and network components is compatible and have been clearly and accurately described
- Assist Directors to identify computer hardware or software requirements for their programs; research, analyze and evaluate computer hardware, software or peripheral equipment and telecommunications services
- Assist with the ordering/purchasing of all IT equipment and supplies/services, including printers, telephone lines and internet/data services
- Maintain and distribute user request forms, training manuals and documentation
- Monitor and review new software and hardware products and tools
- Ensure smooth operations of computer labs at multiple locations
- Track and monitor software licenses
- Participate in staff and team meetings, and professional development opportunities as required
- Assist on IT projects, assignments and other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in computer science and/or information technology with 2 to 3 years progressive experience in network hardware/software support, demonstrated troubleshooting skills and understanding of TCP/IP, network communications and project management
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows servers and desktop products
- Strong knowledge in LAN/WAN networking, connectivity and remote access setup
- Ability to administer and support networked printers and photocopiers
- Ability to prepare technical documentation for IT Projects
- High level of initiative, with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills. Proven ability to handle frequent interruptions and multiple demands
- Proven ability to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team oriented environment, with an excellent “customer service” approach
- Excellent English; verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate both technically and non-technically with staff and third parties
- Ability to learn and adapt to technological changes quickly and easily
- Demonstrated good judgment; professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
- A Police Check will be required
Department: Finance & Corporate Services
Status: Part-Time – 21 hours per week
9 month contract position, with the possibility of an extension
Compensation: $30.00 per hour
Location: Mississauga, Brampton & Oakville
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a complete resume of qualifications and experience, electronically by 12:00 p.m. September 16th, 2020 to:
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of “IT Support and Network Administrator” - (insert your name)’
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
Indus Community Services encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.