PCPI is a not for profit organization that provides career development services to a diverse client group to reach their full potential. The organization is also a proud founder and presenter of the IEP Conference, a unique forum for internationally education professionals now in its thirteenth year. PCPI’s success in delivering quality service is based on a business-like approach, supported by knowledgeable caring staff, user-friendly resources, and innovative programming.
PCPI is seeking three CompTIA A+ and Cisco CCNA certified instructors to teach 16 -29 year old youth the relevant technical skills through experiential learning that will prepare them with the knowledge and skills to successfully gain A+ and CCNA certification. The participants will be assisted with job placement upon completion of the training.
An instructor is required for each of the following location: Brampton, North York and Scarborough from March 3 to August 31, 2017, full-time hours, Monday through Friday.
- Hold A+ and CCNA certification, have above average communication skills with 2 years practical experience and training.
- Have hands-on experience in configuring and managing CISCO hardware
- Possess thorough knowledge of PC hardware and Windows
- Have in-depth knowledge of teaching CISCO concepts and systems
- Have working knowledge of Networking and hardware concepts
- Be able to utilize and manage CISCO equipment
- Possess solid understanding of a variety of teaching methods to meet the needs of diverse students
- Be able to apply networking concepts in the training delivery
- Have above average organizational, motivational and team building skills
- Be capable of aligning training to current IT job markets
- Demonstrate problem solving and organizational skills, in order to develop and execute initiatives with minimal supervision
- Possess superior judgment and political acuity to manage issues that could potentially impact the organization’s reputation
- Highly professional work ethics that complement the business standards of PCPI
- Have working experience in the implementation of CISCO laboratory equipment and in providing students with CISCO systems skills
- Evidence of successfully educating students on the foundations for CISCO Routers, Switching and interconnecting CISCO devices
- Execution and instruction of A+ and CCNA IT classes in both experiential and instructor led (e.g. a classroom, lab including virtual) settings.
- Defining the skill sets needed to be successful in programs offered
- Administering mini tests and evaluating performance and whereby necessary providing additional tutorials and support to participants
- Designing, updating training materials needed to support student successfully through certification
- Ensuring the learning environment and resources to support students’ needs
- Using the Cisco curriculum and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises to prepare the students for examination
- Providing support in setting up learning environment and resources, including IT equipment as needed
- Coordinating and delivering study classes to prepare students for certification exams
- Supporting and coaching students in preparation for scheduled exams
- Managing students’ attendance and evaluating the effectiveness of training outcomes
- Participating in staff and advisory meeting including liaising with partners (e.g. examining bodies and the organization) to ensure that stakeholders are kept abreast of the progress of the program and or for support as well as collaborating with other instructors, Program Manager and Project Manager.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate records of students’ attendance, progress and development (e.g. exam scores)
How to apply:
Please submit your interest in a cover letter and resume by noon on Friday, February, 24, 2017 to:
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.