Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO) supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
As a member of the dynamic and growing Community Economic Development (CED) team the Mentor Recruiter Liaison supports the development and implementation of CED’s Mentorship Programs, which match volunteer Mentors with internationally educated professionals seeking employment in their field. The Recruiter Liaison facilitates the recruiting, screening, orientation, training, and retention of volunteer Mentors.
Reports to: Manager, Community Economic Development (CED)
- Establishes and facilitates volunteer mentor outreach and retention strategies
- Engages volunteer mentors (Ottawa professionals) via social media, community engagement and events to participate within CED programming
- Facilitates mentor volunteer enquiry, establishes suitability for the Mentorship Program
- Coordinates and facilitates monthly mentor orientation sessions
- Coordinates Mentor training and CED program events for Mentors and Mentees
- Liaises with the Mentorship team via case-conferencing to identify Mentorship matches
- Builds relationships with Mentors, monitors availability and provides support as required during mentorship match
- Supports CED’s social media outreach plan
- Coordinates and delivers the Ottawa Connector Program
- Coordinates the Ottawa Mentorship Collaborative for Internationally Educated Professionals
- Participate on internal committees and working groups as required
- Ensure high standards of service delivery within an anti-racism and anti-oppression policy framework
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism/anti oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
- University degree or college diploma in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas; volunteer coordination, marketing/communication, employment supports, human resources or labour market integration
- Knowledge of the labour market trends and challenges faced by newcomers to Canada
- Excellent organizational, coordination and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills
- Experience with social media; Linked IN – Twitter – Facebook etc.
- Proficiency with current computer applications including the MS Office Suite, internet based productivity tools and databases
- Fluency in English essential, the ability to speak French or other languages desirable
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
Term: 35 hours per week, January 2nd, 2020 – August 28th, 2020
Salary & Benefits: $45,400 - $47,300 annually, based on a 35 hour work week (prorated for part-time). Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by 5:00 p.m. on November 29, 2019 to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the H.R. Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all applicants for applying; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.