COSTI REQUIRES A HOUSING COUNSELLOR FOR ITS CLIENT SUPPORT SERVICES
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Client Support Services (CSS) program provides intensive settlement case management services to government-assisted refugees once they have arrived in the Greater Toronto Area in order to facilitate a healthy transition to life in Canada and a successful and positive resettlement experience. It provides services through a mobile case management model where clients are provided settlement supports and referrals depending on their unique social determinants of health.
This is a non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
• Conducts market rent housing searches in Greater Toronto and surrounding areas for refugee claimants.
• Coordinates with Client Support Services- Case Workers to provide one-on-one practical support to secure permanent housing for refugee claimants.
• Provide information, make appropriate referrals, advocate to assist refugees secure affordable housing within a timeframe.
• Identifies, intervenes and effectively deals with crisis and conflict situations as they arise.
• Escorts clients to housing appointments and advocates on their behalf as needed.
• Provides support to clients in negotiating and finalizing housing leases.
• Recruits housing providers and maintains a housing data bank/registry of housing providers.
• Conducts housing orientation sessions to ensure that client understands rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords.
• Liaises and consults with other professionals and organizations as needed.
• Mentors volunteers to assist with housing search and escorting of clients.
• Works productively with Client Support Services team to ensure clients housing needs are addressed. This includes attending and participating in bi-weekly mandatory team meeting.
• Social Service Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience working within the Housing Help Sector.
• Previous experience working with working with refugees, survivors of torture, persecution, war or abuse.
• Previous case management experience is a must.
• Knowledge of specific issues facing resettled refugees in general and the Resettlement Assistance Program more specifically.
• Knowledge of settlement and housing related services and resources, with an emphasis on the services and resources that exist within the GTA and surrounding areas.
• Knowledge and ability to integrate anti-oppression, critical disability, LGBTQI2S and trans-positivity approach in support of strengths-based principles and practices.
• Knowledge of Internet, Email and Windows software e.g. Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated experience in data-entry, documentation and reporting.
• Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills.
• Must be able to travel within the GTA to multiple locations using public transportation. Access to a vehicle is considered an asset.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the past 6 months.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link.