COSTI REQUIRES A HOUSEKEEPER FOR ITS RALPH CHIODO FAMILY IMMIGRANT RECEPTION CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit www.costi.org.
This is a fulltime union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week. **
(Monday to Friday from 1:00p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
• Cleans and maintains the Centre and grounds as per safety and health regulations.
• Assists in teaching clients how to use the equipment and cleaning products such as washer/dryer, cleaning products, washrooms and bathing facilities.
• Sweeps and washes floors in the hallway, offices, dining area, stairs ways, basement, outside balconies, front entrance etc.
• Clean and disinfects windows, glass surfaces, appliances, steam table, refrigerator, dryers, washing machines, ashtrays, garbage dispensers, washroom and shower facilities.
• Cleans and disinfects all rooms, offices, classroom and their fixtures.
• Cleans and disinfects kitchen, countertops, serving areas, dining room after every meal and snacks.
• Assists the evening counseling staff with preparing beverages, serving meals and snacks, preparing the dining area and cleaning after each meal.
• Empties and dispenses garbage in offices, rooms, washrooms in appropriate disposal units.
• Replaces and replenishes soap containers, light bulbs, mattress covers and notifies the Operations Manager and management of any needed repairs.
• Carries heavy cleaning supplies, linens, mattresses and equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as required: answers telephones, sets up rooms; rearranges furniture; distribute donations, etc.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in housekeeping in large residential institutions.
• Must have a WHMIS certificate.
• Must be able to carry 50lbs.
• Must have a Safe Food handling Certificate
• Sensitivity and awareness of working with refugee population.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to speak one of the following languages is an asset: Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish, Amharic, French, Russian, Somali, Tagalog and Tigrinya.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link: