COSTI REQUIRES A GENERAL MANAGER FOR ITS CLIENT SUPPORT SERVICES PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a full-time non-union position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
• Oversee the delivery and coordination of the Client Support Services program which includes the supervision of mobile case management and life skills staff, placement students and volunteers, interdisciplinary support services, and monitoring of program records, etc.
• Develops Annual Business Plan and reviews, monitors, evaluates and enriches programs to ensure high quality service that meets/exceeds contractual obligations and is supported by effective marketing strategies.
• Develops and manages an annual budget of $1,900,000; monitoring and controlling expenses within the guidelines and accounting practices.
• Ensures that all organizational timelines are met (e.g. monthly and quarterly reports, budgetary reviews, performance appraisals) and supports new initiatives including assisting with the development of new grants/programs.
• Participates in division management team meetings, organizational meetings and external community commitments and takes on tasks and lead roles as agreed upon.
• Coordinate and lead biweekly individual supervision meetings with staff/students and weekly team meetings.
• Responsible for hiring, training and evaluating of staff.
• Develops, liaises and maintains productive working relationships with other professionals, funders, partners and other service providers.
• Researches, develops, prepares, recommends and implements new programs and services, assisting with funding proposals as required.
• Ensures that the program and its’ staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the purchase of capital items e.g. furniture, office equipment etc. and the maintenance of the program’s home office.
• University degree in a related field. Preference will be given to those with a BSW or MSW.
• Three (3) years’ experience in staff supervision, newcomer and refugee program management, and financial management
• Demonstrated experience in project management including project design management and evaluation.
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Resettlement Assistance Program.
• Previous experience supervising staff remotely.
• Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and evaluating services.
• Demonstrated knowledge of international and national issues facing refugees and refugee resettlement in Canada.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel and email is essential.
• Experience in entering and monitoring data in an internet-based database.
• Ability to speak a second language would be considered asset.
• Must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
• Must provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening upon successful hire within the last 6 months
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters,
quoting reference, to: