COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
Shelter Services provide short-term accommodation and support services for vulnerable populations including Refugee Claimants
- Provides initial intake and needs assessments to Refugee Claimants
- Provides supportive counselling, initial settlement services as well as follow-up services in special needs cases
- Works one on one with clients to ensure they are well informed about the refugee claimant process and receiving the entitled supports and services
- Provides information and referral for legal support, income support (OW), work permit, language classes, health services etc
- Delivers orientation sessions on settlement related topics
- Advocates and case consults with other social service organizations and service providers
- Provides crisis intervention as required e.g. in cases of family violence
- Documents records of services and activities in COSTI’s data base system and SMIS (Shelter Management Information System) and prepares necessary reports
- Refers clients to community & social service agencies for additional settlement and legal services.
- Social Services Worker diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience
- Minimum of twelve (12) months experience providing initial settlement counselling, which includes:
- Identifying settlement needs through initial assessments and basic mental health assessments
- Referrals to programs and education within COSTI and other social service organizations, such as language training, income support, legal support, etc.
- Emotional supportive counselling
This is a fulltime Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
Duration: January 27, 2020
Starting salary range: $49,285 to $53,045 per annum + Benefits
Location: Hwy 401 and Victoria Park Ave
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference 05-20 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.