Gary Allan High School is hiring non-credit Adult FSL Instructors to teach a variety of French as a Second Language courses, using the NCLC standards & framework. For more information: https://www.language.ca/ressourcesexpertise/niveaux-de-competence-lingui...
- Minimum 3 years of experience teaching FSL to non-French speaking students
- Excellent French and English skills (oral and written)
- Good knowledge of the NCLC curriculum (see link above) & ability to develop courses, units and lessons tailored to client’s learning needs using principles articulated as per the NCLC Curriculum Guidelines
- Experience teaching virtually (in addition to teaching in face-to-face setting) using lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations to increase language proficiency
- Assess and identify students' individual learning needs
- Apply differentiated online/classroom instruction approach in lesson plan development
Dates & Times
- November 2, 2020 - June 30, 2021
- Morning Classes run 5 days per week, 3 hours per class
- Afternoon/Evening Classes run 2 days per week, 2 hours per class
- Preferences for program sessions/availability will be discussed during the interview process and confirmed as part of the job offer
- At this time all classes will be held virtually, with a phased approach to opening in-person classes to be scheduled at several sites in the Halton region (Oakville/Burlington/Milton/Halton Hills)
Rate of Pay
- $44.00 per hour (includes vacation and statutory holiday pay
We believe that every person has a right to equitable treatment and freedom from discrimination. The Halton District School Board recognizes the intents contained in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Upon request, we will make reasonable interview and employment accommodations during the selection process, based on any of the human rights protected grounds.
Ensuring the safety of our students is essential. For this reason, external applicants hired to the HDSB must provide an original copy of an acceptable criminal background check with vulnerable sector screening.
Wellness: The HDSB is committed to providing a respectful and healthy work environment.
How to apply:
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter no later than Tuesday, September 22nd, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to
Apply to Education, www.applytoeducation.com Job Code #2912674
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.