Community Development Council Durham (CDCD) is seeking a finance coordinator to work alongside the Finance Manager within the team.
As the successful candidate, your key areas of responsibility will include processing of entries on QuickBooks, Payroll Processing and other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
CDCD is an independent, not-for-profit social planning organization that has been working to enhance the quality of life for individuals, families and communities in Durham Region for 50 years. We organize a variety of research, community development and social planning initiatives as well as administer and deliver front line social service programs.
For further information visit us at www.cdcd.org
The Finance Coordinator contributes to the overall success of the organization by ensuring timely processing of all financial entries.
The individual reports directly to the Finance Manager
- Posting of all journal entries into the QuickBooks software
- Issuance of all vendor and payments
- Processing of bi-weekly payroll
- Ensuring Accounts Payables and Receivables are processed and posted in a timely manner
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations of all bank and credit card accounts
- Maintaining records as it relates to vendor payments
- Assist the Finance Manager with monthly reports and closing entries
- Assist in the annual budget cycle
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager and/or Executive Director
- Diploma in Accounting/Finance or related specialization
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a financial and or accounting environment using accounting software
- Experience working in a not-for-profit setting; working with government and foundation funders will be considered an asset
- Experience working with a management team in the development and management of budgets
- A strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word and Excel and of computerized accounting softwares such as QuickBooks
- A strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively or independently to achieve goals
- The Finance Coordinator will work out of an office environment and will be required to lift up to 20 lbs. Prolonged sitting is required
- The Finance Coordinator will need to be flexible in the case of attending evening and/or weekend meetings and events as required
- Class "G” Driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use for CDCD business
How to apply:
Please submit applications by April 6th 2020 no later than 4:00 p.m. to:
Applicants are requested to submit their resume and a covering letter stating salary expectations, while outlining their strengths, experience and aptitude to fulfil the position requirements.
CDCD is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace represents the cultural mosaic of our great city and the communities we serve. We recognize the value that comes from the different viewpoints, unique experiences and diverse perspectives of our employees, who bring fresh, new ideas to our business. Diversity plays a key role in our ability to deliver on our mission of providing clean, safe and affordable homes for tenants.
CDCD is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
As an employer, CDCD has a duty to accommodate at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
CDCD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those asked for additional information and/or selected for an interview will be contacted.