CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or immigration status. CCS is seeking a Full time, Family Literacy Worker for its Toronto locations. The Family Literacy Program reinforces learning outside the classroom for LINC students and their families by providing activities and resources for shared English language learning at home.
•Coordinate and promote the Family Literacy Program and its activities among LINC students at LINC locations, and with related community organizations.
• With input from the LINC Instructors and Childminders, develop and lead language based family-time activities and special events in support of multi-generational language learning
• Work with LINC Instructors and LINC Childminders to develop coordinate program activities in support of specific learning modules
• Manage and promote the use of the Family Literacy lending library; source specialized library materials
• Recruit and supervise volunteers to support the activities of the Family Literacy Program.
• Collect program data; prepare and submit data in accurate and timely monthly statistical and narrative reports as required
• Evaluate and make recommendations to improve program delivery.
• Post-secondary education in a recognized educational institute is required, B.Ed. is an asset
• Experience teaching and/or tutoring children, youth and adults
• Familiarity with LINC/ESL programs, TESL certification is an asset
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
• Knowledge of community resources
• Experience in directing and supervising volunteers
• Proficiency in planning, implementing and evaluating workshops and group activities
• Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a teaming setting
• Effective communication skills (written and oral) in English
• Ability to speak a second language is an asset
• A clear, mandatory Vulnerable Sector Screening-Police Reference Check is required
Hours of Work: 35 per week, including evenings and weekends hours
Contract duration: January 2021- March 2022
Rate of Pay: Between $46,000 to $49,000 annually
Please send resume and cover letter quoting file #T175 no later than 5pm on January 16, 2021 to Email: email@example.com