Job Position: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Department: Finance & Corporate Services
Status: Full-Time – 35 hours per week
9-month contract position, with the possibility of an extension
Location: Mississauga, Brampton & Oakville
Compensation: $25.00 per hour
Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
Under the general guidance of the Director – Finance & Corporate Services, the incumbent will be responsible for maintenance of Indus’ sites in Brampton, Mississauga and Oakville.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
* Maintain an understanding of facilities management including the duties of a custodian, agency service contracts, site leasing arrangements, equipment installations and repairs.
* Work proactively with Operations teams at all Indus sites to maintain the physical and workable condition of property and equipment.
* Responsible for repair jobs to Indus facilities and equipment including program related equipment in a professional like manner:
* Electrical, to maintain lighting, network/telephone ports, emergency call systems
* Plumbing, to maintain drains, taps
* Mechanical, to repair appliances and other program equipment.
* Work with and supervise external maintenance contractors to ensure all repairs, maintenance and renovations projects are completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
* Manage a maintenance budget including cost allocations.
* Responsible tendering contracts for goods and services for Corporate Services.
* Review and make recommendations to Director – Finance & Corporate Services on corporate services contracts (e.g. cleaning & maintenance, repairs & maintenance, hydro, gas)
* Respond and effective complete Site maintenance and Repair Work Requests from Operations Teams in a timely and efficient manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Certification in a skilled trade.
* A strong understanding of building mechanical, HVAC and electrical systems.
* An ability to use tools including observation of all safety warnings.
* An ability to resolve and provide solutions to building, equipment issues.
* An ability to source supplies, contractors and service personnel to maintenance, supplies, repair and other services.
* An ability to source quotations and sort through RFPs to choose the best vendors for projects.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to effectively meet Corporate Services objectives.
* Exceptional communicator – both written and oral communication skills are key requirements.
* Strong service orientation and demonstrated ability to exercise tact, discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy.
* Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and the internet.
* Interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with all departments within the organization.
* Occasional handling (lifting/pulling/carrying) of boxes or equipment (approx. 20-30 lbs). Heavy lifting is accommodated through use of equipment such as hand carts, elevators or other personnel.
* Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment and a strong understanding of inclusive and equitable service
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and to work from any one of Indus’ sites.
* Current Police Records Search will be required.
* Valid Driver’s License with own transportation a requirement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a complete resume of qualifications and experience, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm, February 9th, 2021. Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of “Facilities Maintenance Technician” - (insert your name).
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.