Facilitator/Job Developer will work with the Futures in Digital Health team to deliver a pilot project for Internationally Trained Information Technology/Health Professionals. Funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), this project will assist internationally trained healthcare and information technology professionals in finding alternative careers in Health Informatics (HI).
The Facilitator/Job Developer will assist in the successful facilitation of the program, client selection, job shadowing, and action plan development and job development activities on behalf of clients to Employers and extensive one to one support.
Reporting to: Project Manager, Digital Health Careers
- Assist the Project Manager in setting up facilities, ordering resources, and preparing program materials
- Provide program outreach/marketing and recruit and screen applicants for the program
- Manage Social Media program accounts
- Facilitate workshops, co-ordinate guest speakers, and further develop and implement the program curriculum based on participant needs
- Provide individual one-on-one support/counseling regarding action planning, community resources, and job search
- Collect and analyze statistics and program evaluation data and draft monthly/quarterly reports for review by the Project Manager
- Contact employers/organizations for job shadowing opportunities and conduct follow ups and to engage in problem solving as needed
- Assist with administrative tasks such as tracking and submitting attendance and data and statistical gathering
- Contact participants after the program ends to offer further individual assistance and to determine participants’ achievements in relation to their career action plans
- Engage in outreach, partnership development and participate in community networking meetings as required
- Assist with study group sessions in preparation for the Health Informatics certification exam
- Other related duties as assigned
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline
- Extensive knowledge of Employment and Newcomer Services
- Demonstrated job development skills
- Minimum of 1-year experience facilitating job search related sessions with knowledge of current job search techniques and assessment tools in a group setting to adult learners. Experience delivering these services to newcomers is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of LMI, job search and recruitment and community resources
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups – especially with newcomers to Canada
- Demonstrated understanding of community resources, programs and services
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Goal oriented highly organized and flexible and adaptable: with superior time management skills
- Demonstrated use of computer technology including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Open Office, various web browsers, Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter), Internet networks, on-line employment tools and Web 2.0.
- Ability to administer and interpret Level B tests /psychological instruments, Personality Dimensions, MBTI, COP System or Life Skills Certification would be an asset
- Ability to work evenings, weekends or split shifts as necessary
Terms of employment: Part Time
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 17.5 per week (Some evenings & weekends may be required)
Annual salary: $26,000 - $27,354.00 (Pro-rated) + Benefits
Location: 595 Parliament Street, Toronto
How to apply:
Please submit your covering letter and resume to:
Human Resource Department
The Centre for Education & Training (TCET) is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, TCET will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring supervisor upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Review of applications will begin on December 10, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.