Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization - OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
To match recently arrived refugee and immigrant families with established families/groups in order to expedite their settlement and integration processes. The facilitator of the “Friends of the Family” project will be responsible for project planning, development and implementation as well as recruitment, orientation, training and matching of families.
- Recruit and deliver orientation & training sessions for both client and volunteer participants
- Identify matches and conduct introduction sessions
- Conduct client family intake assessment, assess employment readiness and objectives, make appropriate internal and external referrals
- Ongoing case management of “Friends of the Family” matches
- Organize social, recreational & networking opportunities for participants
- Maintain database for the purpose of detailed client activity and outcome tracking
- Develop and implement program evaluation framework
- Participate on internal committees and working groups as required
- Ensure high standards of service delivery within an anti-racism and anti-oppression framework
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism/anti oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
- University degree or college diploma in a related field, including studies pertinent to settlement, social services, community health or migration issues
- 3 years of experience in project coordination preferably in a social service setting
- Experience with volunteer management (recruitment, orientation, retention)
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources and established professional network
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Effective interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skill
- Knowledge of challenges faced by newcomers to Canada
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge of English essential, another language is an asset
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
- Proficiency with current computer applications including the MS Office Suite, internet based productivity tools and databases
Term: 35 hours per week (full-time), May 2020 - Indefinite
Reports To: Manager, Settlement and Integration Program
Salary & Benefits: $47,000 – $49,000 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by May 8, 2020 before 5:00 p.m. to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator:
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to participate in our selection process will be contacted.