Settlement Assistance and Family Support Services is a trusted not-for-profit social services agency that has been serving and advocating for newcomers, refugees and victims of all types of violence since 1989. The need to address Violence against Women was the seed of the organization's establishment. However, while the organization was initially founded to support women and children who were victims of domestic violence, it has since evolved and expanded its services to support other identified needs. Our trained staff provide a range of services to a diverse, multi-cultural and multi-lingual community in a responsible and professional manner in a safe non-judgmental and confidential environment that fosters trust, respect and collaboration.
- Assist ED with day to day operational needs
- Maintaining and updating files and records
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail, preparing and posting outgoing mail
- Using office equipment e.g. printers, photocopiers/scanner machines
- Assist Accountant with payroll duties
- Assisting the accountant with the audit process
- Preparing payroll-related reports.
- Issuing invoices for money that is owed to the organization
- Performing payroll administration duties
- Maintaining petty cash records
- Mailing out cheques and other correspondence
- Performing other related duties as required/assigned
- High school diploma or associate's degree.
- Experience as an office assistant/bookkeeper or in a related field.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of math and numbers
- The ability to use various financial transactions such as accounts payable and accounts receivable
- The ability to work on multiple projects while adhering to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Understands and adheres to confidentiality
- Valid police clearance is required for the position
Reports to: SAFSS’ Executive Director
This is a full-time position, based on a 30-hour week schedule from Monday to Friday.
How to apply:
Submit your resume & cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Assistance & Family Support Services is an equal opportunity employer and committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact the HR department at SAFSS.
Only applicants who will be interviewed are contacted.