Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization - OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for the effective management of the office of the Executive Director and assists in the implementation of OCISO’s strategic priorities and goals. With the guidance of the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will coordinate administrative functions, including the development and planning of activities, support of the board of directors, development, maintenance and implementation of operational administrative practices; preparation of funding proposals and the preparation for meetings including professional minute taking. In addition, the Executive Assistant will take on the role of Communications Assistant, and will assist and execute any other duties as required by the Executive Director.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Coordinates critical issues management and ensures the Executive Director is properly briefed on all significant matters arising within OCISO
- Manages external meetings, including invitations, agenda, minute taking, location set-up, catering requirements, support
- Researches/prepares/coordinates responses to a wide range of complex issues (e.g., briefing notes, news releases etc.)
- Prepares and coordinates the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to the Executive Director and prepares statistical records as required
- Manages Executive Director’s schedule including booking travel and other meeting arrangements
- Writes, edits and formats communications content and materials to upload to the OCISO website
- Writes, edits and formats OCISO’s monthly e-Newsletter: “OCISO Newcomer News.”
- Assists with preparing and regularly posting communications materials on OCISO’s social media platforms
- Works with a team of volunteers to complete the “OCISO history project.”
- Assists and executes other communications duties or any other duties as required by the Executive Director
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration or combination of relevant post-secondary education and related experience
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience, preferably in a social and community services
- Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required. Adept at balancing major concurrent tasks and projects
- Excellent ability to: see the big picture, anticipate problems, organize and coordinate appropriate responses
- Excellent written skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise and comprehensive written reports
- Demonstrated professional and confidential work ethic
- Effective interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with mainstream computer applications and database software
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
- Experience writing/editing materials for websites, e-newsletters and social media is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle an asset
- Fluent in English, French desirable
Term: 28 hours /week, from August 2019 - Ongoing
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by 5:00 p.m. on July 21st, 2019 to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Coordinator upon scheduling your interview.