OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants is the provincial umbrella organization for immigrant and refugee serving agencies in Ontario. OCASI acts as the collective voice for Ontario’s immigrant and refugee serving sector and coordinates responses to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by an elected, volunteer board of directors. OCASI’s membership is comprised of over 220 community-based organizations in Ontario.
About the Project and Position Summary
The Canadian Council for Refugees (CCR) is holding an International Refugee Rights Conference in June 7-9 2018. The Events Coordinator is responsible for the Toronto logistics of the 2018 Canadian Council for Refugees International Refugee Rights Conference. The Events Coordinator will work with the CCR office and with the guidance of the Local Organizing Committee to lead and implement the logistics of the main event, and oversee any side events.
- Recruit, train, schedule and supervise volunteers
- Fundraise - including financial or in-kind contributions from donors, including conference supplies and materials, refreshments, gifts
- Organize and/or oversee social events, site visits or conference related events
- Provide administrative support for CCR office and local organizing committee including setting up meetings, agenda, minutes, any other documents and followup
- In collaboration with the CCR office and prepare conference package and signage, and organize assembly of conference materials, including name badges, and other materials as required
- Previous experience managing logistics for a conference or other large event
- Excellent English written, verbal and editing skills; knowledge of French and Spanish is an asset
- Familiar with CCR members in Toronto, or refugee (and immigrant) focused or serving organizations in Toronto
- Excellent communications, organisational and planning skills with attention to details
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment, standard admin software, internet, desktop publishing, and social media
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability and experience in working under tight deadlines
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Good negotiation skills
This is a full-time contract position till the end of June 2018.
Compensation: $50,000/year pro-rated
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume by Friday April 13, 5:00 p.m. to:
The Hiring Committee
OCASI and Local Organizing Committee
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or email inquiries please.