The summer student positions are an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in careers such as Event planning, Business, or Program development in the not-for profit sector, especially those interested in the immigrant and refugee sector.
The Event Coordinator is committed to:
- Maintain all Event coordination management skills with the ability to organize and meet deadlines
- lan and implement all community events and direct the project
- Establishing the project framework and timelines, overseeing and managing all aspects of the project in coordination with Executive Director
- Conduct regular feedback sessions with Volunteers of all programs analyzing satisfaction and utilization data and prepare reports
- Plan and implement additional tasks with Executive Director for Fundraising part
- Deliver all aspects of program and supervises all active Volunteers
- Ensure that programming is effective, accessible as well as age and culturally appropriate
- Ensure the allied parts are in place such logistic in each and every G.P.S. event
- All activities carried out will have clear outcomes and must be approved in advance by the Executive Director
- Assist the Executive Director on budgeting part with all project related events
- Support planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating programs, special events and special activities identified by the Executive Director
- A University or Community College student currently studying special events management, community development, fundraising and/or marketing
- Experience in event coordination
- Ability to design, write and prepare promotional materials
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team of staff and volunteers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Availability to work evenings and weekends, as required
- A valid driver’s license is an asset
Please note: The position is open to full-time students aged 15-30 years; are legally entitled to work in Canada and must be either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred.
Job Type: Internship
How to apply:
Please submit your covering letter and resume no later than 11:59 p.m. on June 20, 2019 to:
Hiring Committee, Gifted People Services
Gifted People Services is committed to Employment Equity.
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.