COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
Shelter Services provide short-term accommodation and support services for vulnerable populations including Refugee Claimants.
- Implement and instruct English as a Second Language classes to youth grade 9-11
- Design long range and daily lesson plans based on the ESL needs of the youth
- Implement a diversity of course materials that are based on the Ontario Curriculum Grade 9 to 12 English as a Second Language & English Literacy Development
- Provide Learner centered language instruction using various resources such as: online tools, videos, and in class conversation practice
- Develop lesson reviews and reinforcement activities using online tools such as Powtoon
- Conduct on-going needs assessments with learners
- Design activities for ongoing and final assessments of learners’ progress based on the Ontario Curriculum Grade 9 to 12 English as a Second Language & English Literacy Development
- Maintain records of achievement, attendance and other documentation as required
- Assist in the organization of special events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience teaching English as a Second Language to youth newcomers using the Ontario Curriculum Grade 9 to 12 English as a Second Language & English Literacy Development guidelines
- TESL Certificate from a TESL-Canada approved training program (or equivalent) considered an asset
- Experience providing ESL instruction using software associated with language instruction as well as Microsoft Word, e-mail and the Internet
- Experience providing webinars and online training is considered an asset
- Ability to adapt teaching methodology to the needs/skill levels of individual learners
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of youth immigrants and refugees
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and time management skills
This is a non-union contract position scheduled to work 4.5 hours per week.
Duration: January 29, 2018 to December 20, 2018
Salary range: $38.47 per hour
Location: Square One Mississauga area
How to apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference # 8-18 and send your resume with a cover letter by January 22, 2018 to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.