COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
- Implement and instruct English as a Second Language classes to youth grade 9-11
- Design long range and daily lesson plans based on the ESL needs of the youth
- Implement a diversity of course materials that are based on the Ontario Curriculum Grade 9 to 12 English as a Second Language & English Literacy Development
- Provide Learner centered language instruction using various resources such as: online tools, videos, and in class instruction
- Conduct on-going needs assessments with learners
- Design activities for ongoing and final assessments of learners’ progress based on the Ontario Curriculum Grade 9 to 12 English as a Second Language & English Literacy Development
- Maintain records of achievement, attendance and other documentation as required
- Assist in the organization of special events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience working with the Ontario Secondary School Curriculum, Grade 9 to 12 English as a Second Language & English Literacy Development guidelines
- Experience delivering language training in models that are youth-friendly and engaging for youth
- Experience providing ESL instruction using software associated with language instruction as well as Microsoft Word, e-mail and the Internet
- Experience providing webinars and online training is considered an asset
- Ability to adapt teaching methodology to the needs/skill levels of individual learners
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of youth immigrants and refugees
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and time management skills
These are contract positions scheduled to work 4.5 hours per week
Duration: January 16, 2017 to December 20, 2018
Salary range: $38.47 per hour
Locations: (1) Victoria Park and Danforth area/Toronto
(2) Square One Mississauga area
How to apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference #99-16 and send your resume with a cover letter by December 14, 2016 to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.