Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status.
We are searching for a part-time Employment Support Worker to support clients in Scarborough and Peel. The role will be part of the Newcomer Settlement Program and will support immigrants and refugees with training and resources to access and retain jobs commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
Why join us?
We ensure our employees are reflective of the diverse clientele that we serve. We thrive on supporting our community, performing meaningful work, learning from our colleagues, making a difference and having fun!
What do we offer?
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive dental and health packages, paid sick time, learning and development opportunities, employee recognition programs, and a great workplace culture.
- Conduct intake and assessment screening of potential clients to determine eligibility, needs and which services would be the most effective in assisting individuals to meet their career goals
- Support clients to develop action plans to meet their employment and training goals; review, update and revise as needed
- Develop and facilitate employment – related training sessions for newcomers to support employment goals
- Provide tailored employment support including resume and cover letter writing, interviewing skills practice, navigating online job search platforms and training initiatives
- Develop and execute outreach plans and promotional materials to promote the program and recruit participants
- Assist program participants with the use of computers, the Internet, social media and other tools for job search and career training
- Conduct continuous research on employment trends relevant to the Canadian Labour Market
- Provide information on current licensing and accreditation requirements and processes
- Maintain complete client case files in compliance with the agency and funder requirements; monitor participants’ progress with ongoing follow-up
- Conduct evaluation of workshops and training sessions
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely statistical, financial and progress reports as required
- Support Newcomer Settlement Program goals by ensuring funder's contractual obligations are met
- Conduct evaluation of workshops and training sessions and provide recommendations for improvement, development and/or expansion of the program
- University Degree or Community College Diploma in Social Sciences, Humanities, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Minimum of two years' experience in employment assessment, coaching and group facilitation
- Experience working with clients from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- Second language capability an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of current local labour market trends, community services and resources across the GTA
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated willingness to work in a flexible manner in order to meet shifting priorities including a schedule which includes occasional evening and weekend hours
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and internet applications and the ability to learn client management/database systems used by the agency e.g. OCMS
- Solid knowledge of online recruitment platforms and processes, virtual job boards and demonstrated ability to provide virtual job search guidance
- Excellent oral and written English skills are required
- Ability to travel regularly in the GTA required; valid Ontario Driver's License and access to a car
Location: in-person, Peel and Toronto Region
Compensation: $28.65 - $30.23 /hr
Hours of work: 21 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and occasional overtime as required.
How to apply:
How to apply: Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code T413.
“Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.