Greater Toronto Area
Thursday, October 8, 2020 - 5:00pm
- Perform a full range of duties associated with Employment Counselling, Case Management and Job Development including, but not limited to:
- Assess clients’ employment and skills-development related needs for the development of individual employment action plans
- Assisting clients to develop job search skills and job search strategies
- Assessing need for additional assistance such as further vocational training/skills upgrading and make appropriate referrals
- Providing solutions-based counselling in the areas of job search, job placement, career decision, job maintenance, or other identified employment needs
- Providing up-to-date labour market information
- Assisting clients with resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation and other job search activities as needed
- Assist clients in the use of online resources and technology for job search activities
- Delivery of employment related workshops and seminars to clients as needed
- Collecting labour market information regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Outreach to potential employers, liaising and developing relationships with employers in industries aligned with clients’ career and employment goals.
- Marketing the skills and experiences of ready-to-work clients to employers, aiming to achieve employment outcomes.
- Attending industry related networking events and representing IWC on community committees
- Liaising with accrediting bodies, professional associations, government departments and other social, employment and community agencies as needed to facilitate clients’ progress
- Degree or post graduate certificate in HR/Career Counselling plus one year experience in Employment Counselling and/or Job Development
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of Hamilton’s labour market
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and collect information to assist in targeting the most suitable employment based on clients’ experience, education, and existing labour market factors
- Able to meet targets and goals
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively with clients
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively with employers
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Awareness of cultural diversity & sensitivity, anti-racism and anti-oppression practices
- Excellent cross cultural skills
How to apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to:
The Hiring Committee
Interviews may begin before the posting deadline. Interested parties are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.