COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org. This is a full-time non-Union contract position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week
This is a full-time non-Union contract position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Conducts employer outreach and markets COSTI Employment Services employer services to meet client group targets of 50% very hard to place, 25% moderately difficult to place and 25% easy to place and to meet Canada Ontario Jobs Grant financial allocation targets
- Researches prospective employers who are hiring, builds and maintains COSTI’s online Employer Database
- Develops and maintains employer relationships with a broad sector of business including financial and technology sectors, hospitality, retail and labour sectors to support client job placement and new business opportunities to meet program targets and contract deliverables
- Secures job postings and placements for our diverse client groups
- Posts jobs on COSTI Job Posting site for Employment Consultants to access and send job vacancies to clients
- Secures job postings, job-carving and job-sharing opportunities, and promotes training incentives and supports.
- Supports Employment Consultant client placements including hard to place clients with multiple barriers and furthest removed from the labour market
- Shares and discusses job leads and employer requests with Employment Consultants
- Utilizes telephone contacts, conferences, networking events, site visits and other methods to understand short term and long term labour market and business trends to respond to employers’ talent needs
- Organizes virtual and onsite job fairs with employers to meet client caseload demands and performance targets
- Consults, provides information and updates Employment Consultants with reporting requirements of TRIEC mentoring data base, CIS, EOIS/CAMS, CaseFLO, EDB and other web-based resources
- Liaises with The Mentoring Partnership (TRIEC) and netWORKS Program colleagues to assist with corporate information sessions for mentor recruitment
- Collaborates and communicates with Employment Consultants to ensure clear understanding of client needs prior to placement and liaises with employers to arrange work adjustment needs, particularly for hard-to-place clients who may have employment barriers, disabilities, etc.
- Assists with monitoring direct job placements, work placement/training agreements and provides complaint resolution service to employers and clients as required
- Maintains e-based case notes and service entries throughout the client/employer relationship and compiles written reports as required
- Acts as a resource to staff on the functionality/use of COSTI’s Employer Database
- Recruits employers as mentors for clients (job candidates) to help them with career development and job retention, and informs employer of mentoring outcomes
- Represents COSTI Employment Services at Brampton and Mississauga Employer Services Network, Peel Halton Workforce Development Group, Boards of Trade meetings, etc.
- Prepares and inputs weekly/monthly statistical and narrative reports about employer contacts into our Employer Database
- Participates in full team meetings, shares employer/labour market information and contributes to continuous service quality improvements.
- University or College diploma in Marketing, Business or related profession
- A minimum of one-year experience in, recruitment, job placement and job development. Preference will be given to those in the staffing industry
- Solid work history generating employer relations and meeting job development targets
- Knowledge of Ontario labour market trends and education and training programs
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite. Working familiarity with on-line tools and data base resources is an asset
- Verbal and written fluency in English. The ability to speak another language is an asset
- Must be willing to work at various locations throughout The Region of Peel
- Required to travel to employer sites throughout the GTA and access to a reliable vehicle is necessary.
Duration: January 4, 2021 to December 31, 2021
Starting salary range: $46,385 to $49,922 per annum + benefits
Location: 10 Gillingham Drive, Suite 300, Brampton; 6750 Winston Churchill Boulevard, Unit 8A, Mississauga
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference# 78-20 by November 27, 2020 to:
Manager, Human Resources
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.