This is a full-time union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week. Funding for this position is only confirmed until March 31, 2023.
• Greets clients in person and answers phones to conduct an initial assessment to determine service eligibility requirements or referrals to other community services
• Provides one-on-one assistance in resume/cover letters/interview skills as required.
• Assists clients to prepare and meet the objectives of their Better Jobs Ontario and other Training Applications.
• Facilitates individual, small group workshops, and online webinars to assist clients with effective job search strategies.
• Communicates with Employers to provide them with assistance in hiring candidates
• Assists with job fairs, employer, and other special events
• Maintains up-to-date job search and social support information and resource materials to support clients and make appropriate referrals as required
• Maintains complete electronic case notes and service entries throughout the client relationship using COSTI’s CIS database
• Ensures eligibility of clients using the MLTSD Case Management System (EOIS CaMS)
• Develops strategies targeted for specific clients to employers.
• Liaises with community agencies, boards of trade and professional groups for labour market and occupational information as a program resource.
• Contributes to the team by doing outreach for employers and clients
• Career Work Counselling Diploma/Social Services Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
• Minimum one (1) year of full-time employment facilitation and / or counselling experience.
• Experience working with MLTSD Case Management System (EOIS CaMS), or other databases and online employment tools
• Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using Zoom, teams and other social media applications
• Knowledge of the current labour market and industry trends.
• Experience working with un-/under-employed persons including newcomers, persons with disabilities, seniors, indigenous, disadvantaged youth/adults, apprentices, employers and the community.
• Thorough knowledge of job search techniques, strategies, information and resources.
• Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
• Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of current computer packages: Word, Email, Internet, Excel, Teams.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01 and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday
LOCATION: 3100 Rutherford Road, Vaughan
START DATE: Oct. 10, 2022 (Funding for this position is only confirmed until
March 31, 2023)
STARTING SALARY: $47,790 - $51, 435 per annum
POSTING DATE: September 21, 2022
CLOSING DATE: October 4, 2022
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #225-22 to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=225-22