TNO - The Neighbourhood Organization (TNO, formerly Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office) is a community-based multicultural, multi-service agency, which offers a broad range of programs to serve Thorncliffe Park, Flemingdon Park, and the surrounding communities through strengthening the quality of individual and community life.
TNO is actively searching for one (1) outstanding Employment Counselor to join the Integrated Housing Services team. We are looking for an outgoing individual who is comfortable building meaningful relationships to develop connections for employment opportunities. This person will also bring with them their job search strategy and labour market expertise to ensure program and employment targets are met.
TNO - The Neighbourhood Organization offers a wide range of Employment Programs, including Employment Ontario (EO) employment services. The objective is to offer a range of resources, supports and service components to respond to the employment needs of individuals and the skilled labour needs of employers, and to help individuals on a path to higher skill training and or employment.
Position Summary for the Employment Counselor 60% /Employment Specialist (Job Developer) 40%
The Employment Counselor offers individualized assistance in career clarification and goal setting, skills and interest assessment, interview and employment preparation. This position monitors the ongoing progress of the client and coordinates the client’s participation in and at the exit from Employment Services. The Employment Counselor offers services to the clients on a one-to-one basis, with emphasis on an individualized plan of action for their job search which includes identifying and discussing employment options, establishing appropriate and realistic vocational goals and identifying solutions.
The Employment Specialist (Job Developer) is responsible to develop relationships with employers and market our clients in an effort to help them secure work and is also responsible for seeking mentorship opportunities from employers and coaching and supporting clients. .
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assessclient employability needs by discussing options for vocational goals developing work action plans
- Provide assistance with career focus through both on one on one sessions as well as in a group setting through workshop facilitation or off-site employment counselling/ workshop facilitation when applicable
- Assess clients’ needs for Second Career applications and work with the clients to prepare and submit the application for ministry for approval
- Update databases with client information and follow-up with clients as to employment status and activity by preparing client folders, filing, sorting and retrieving client folders, in-person follow-up sessions, resume consultations, mock interviews, etc.
- Use various assessment tools such as Prove It to support clients in their job search
- Update EOIS CAMS and TNO’s database on a daily basis
- Collect and keep community resources current; attending team and organizational meetings, client conferencing (email/in person) and document and return client calls
- Attend professional development opportunities, develop workshops and arrange for guest speakers
- Build strong relationships with and identify employers who will provide opportunities for job seekers including internationally trained professionals while meeting program targets
- Generate job leads and market participating clients to employers by advocating on the clients’ Match clients with suitable job opportunities and arrange interviews with employers
- Conduct employer and community outreach to increase visibility and jobseeker participation in the TNO programs
- Organize and facilitate on and off-site events, such as employer sessions, hiring events, information sessions, labour market orientations, and networking panels
- Maintain detailed employer and client records; enter all required information into database system; provide ongoing updates and reporting of outcomes to supervisor
- Negotiate ‘Training Incentives’ with employers and ensure that all necessary agreement details are finalized and documentation completed
- Continually monitor labour-market trends
- Participate in outreach with new and existing community partners; participate in outreach to potential clients
- Outreach to employers to identify opportunities in the “hidden” job market
- Provide assessment of an employer’s workplace capacity to provide a workplace training
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Community College Diploma/Certificate preferably in Social Services or community-based studies or equivalent experience
- One to three years of experience providing frontline services and outreach to newcomers
- Knowledge of and exposure to Employment Ontario (EOIS-CaMS)
- Analytical and decision-making skills to identify and resolve problems, assess client needs, formulate recommendations, develop appropriate service contracts, and determine actions to address the needs of the client
- Experience in job development or employer outreach with sound knowledge of the private and public sectors; labour market trends and of issues affecting newcomers to Canada
- Experience working in human resource/recruitment related roles or marketing/sales related roles within the corporate and or non-profit sectors would be an asset
- Understanding and critical analysis of challenges and systemic barriers to labour market integration
- Experience with resume writing, interview skills and coaching
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English; additional language is an asset
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills to respond to fluctuating workloads and respond immediately in crisis situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with community professionals and health services staff
- Social and multicultural sensitivity and/or experience working in diverse neighbourhoods
- Proficiency with MS Office, designing flyers and presentations and using other office-related equipment
Hours of Work - Regular hours for 35 hours per week, and flexible between 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as decided by program requirements.
Location - This position will be located within any of TNO’s service locations based on community and program requirements. Locations for this position may be added or moved to new addresses in the future according to the community and program requirements.
Vaccination Requirement – As a condition of employment, TNO requires all new hires to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the start date of employment. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical reason, or a reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, may provide such documentation to the Human Resources department for accommodation consideration. Such situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Screening - As a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
How to apply:
TNO - The Neighbourhood Organization - is committed to employment equity initiatives. We encourage residents of Thorncliffe Park, Flemingdon Park, and surrounding communities, and people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups to apply.
Thank you to all applicants who are interested in this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.