As a member of the NEW employment team, the Employment Counsellor works in collaboration with team members and participates in case management. She works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and is accountable and responsible for sp ecific projects as assigned.
Reporting to: Manager, Operations Position Summary:
- Offer all five services of the Employment Ontario model: Client Service and Coordination; Resource & Information workshops; Job Search Skills; provide support to Job Matching and Client Job Retention Strategies
- Develop, monitor and revise training plans and agreements with clients and employers, conduct job search activities, fill out placement job applications forms, facilitate the hiring process, coach on job retention and provide post-employment support and job retention services outlined below
- Facilitate case management through intake of clients, conduct needs assessment and establish employment action plans
- Identify barriers to employment and assist clients with such matters as job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing résumés and cover letters and job interview preparation
- Build strong relationships with new and existing employers and develop employment opportunities from within the hidden job market
- Generate job leads and market participating clients to employers and advocate on their behalf
- Administer and interpret assessment tests designed to determine the interests, aptitudes and abilities of clients
- Assess need for assistance such as rehabilitation, financial aid or further vocational training and refer clients to the appropriate services
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Collaborate with job developer for appropriate job placement and matching for clients
- A Bachelor's degree or College diploma in a related field, such as Business, Psychology, Social Services or Education, and/or equivalent 2 years work experience.
- Strong ability to work in a team-oriented setting
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to an inclusive workplace and an anti-oppression framework
- Experience working with databases and data entry
- Fluency in a second language such as Spanish, Cantonese or Urdu is an asset
- Knowledge of labour market information
- Strong facilitation skills
This is a 10-month contract position
Salary will commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Please send resume and covering letter by November 29, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please.