ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 40,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women, and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills, and experience of Canada's population.
ACCES is looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment to join our team. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Our Cloud Computing Program is developed in consultation with subject matter experts, including Amazon AWS Services, ICTC, Sheridan College, and industry partners to respond to the demand for cloud computing roles. This 6-week program will assist ITIs on Amazon AWS Services through scenario-based learning, hands-on labs, and coursework to gain the technical skills and certifications they need to succeed. The program also includes occupation-specific workplace culture and communication training, and customized employment services.
The position of Employment Consultant, assigned to our Cloud Computing program, is responsible for providing employment services for program participants and other ACCES clients. The individual in this position will work in collaboration with their teammates and colleagues across the organization, as well as community partner agencies and employers.
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counseling, and referrals
- Facilitate workshops that will prepare clients to market themselves to employers and to find and maintain employment
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community organizations and partners to make appropriate referrals
- Maintain an active caseload, including all file management responsibilities
- Advocate on behalf of clients whenever necessary, including support in areas of employment, skills training, social assistance, and equitable access to services
- Meet monthly statistical requirements and maintain professional and effective information tracking systems on all activities performed
- Conduct needs assessments and career testing in individual and/or group settings
- Provide professional support to clients using ACCES resource services
- Develop relationships with private and public sector employers to market ACCES services and clients and place clients in jobs
- Participate fully and responsibly as an equal member of an employment consulting team
- And other duties as assigned
- A post-secondary education in Career and Work Counseling, Adult Education, or a related field and/or 5 years directly related work experience
- Thorough knowledge of all facets of job search and career development including an understanding of labour market trends and resources
- Knowledge of/experience working with diverse job seekers and/or marginalized communities, including newcomers, internationally trained professionals, and others who may be experiencing employment barriers, is preferred
- Experience in the IT sector is an asset
- Experience with Bridging Programs is an asset
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct outreach\marketing of clients and services to employers
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Experience working in a MSOffice environment; familiarity with online platforms and database management programs (ex. Salesforce)
- Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate is an asset
- Fluency in a second language will be considered an asset
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
- May be required to travel to other ACCES site locations, community partners, job fairs and other events
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working on-site in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Important Note: ACCES remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of October 1, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions. Employees who are not fully vaccinated due to a valid medical exemption must provide written proof from an allergist/immunologist/cardiologist.
Job status: Unionized
Salary: $53,928.27 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration
Contract Length: One year contract with opportunity for renewal
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest (including program and location) in the subject of the email: Employment Consultant, Cloud Computing, ACCES Mississauga
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire. This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons and, persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of any accommodation measures that are required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.