- Prospects and recruits employers and employment opportunities, matching clients with appropriate employers
- Promotes clients to the employment community, identifying job leads and tapping into the hidden job market
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with the business community to further employment opportunities for clients
- Works as part of the wider employment services team to identify job leads and support effective employment options for clients.
- Provides coaching to clients to support on-the-job learning and job retention.
- Assist clients in orienting to the workplace and learning the job
- Works with the employment team to collaborate and tailor job coaching to the needs of each individual client and employer placement.
- Supports clients to maintain positive employment relationships
- Manages allocation and monitors incentive expenditures.
- Degree or diploma in social sciences, business or education, a minimum of 1 year related experience in employment counselling or employment placement.
- Holds or is working towards a Career Development Practitioner designation, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and Employment Standards Act an asset
- Must possess an outgoing personality with the ability and confidence to maintain existing and make new business contacts
- Required to perform well in a fast paced, results oriented environment
- Strong communication, customer service and organizational skills are essential
- Outside sales, marketing, and cold calling experience is an asset
- An understanding of occupational health and safety legislation is an asset
- Some evening work will be required
- Weekend work may be required
- Working knowledge of MS Office and various social media platforms
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are essential for this position
Contract position available from June 4, 2018 to March 31, 2019.
Location: 89 Wyndham St. N., Guelph
Lutherwood requires all employees to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
How to apply:
Submit resume, in confidence, no later than 4 pm on April 11, 2018 to:
141 Father David Bauer Drive
Waterloo, ON N2L 6N9
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.