These are full-time Union positions scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
• Provides employment counselling services to un-/under-employed persons including newcomers, persons with disabilities, seniors, indigenous, disadvantaged youth and adults.
• Conducts intakes and employability assessments with clients using Common Assessment and Employment Service suitability indicators, potential employer requirements and labor market opportunities.
• Obtains and interprets the results of in-depth career and employment assessments of clients using formal assessment tools or external testing resources.
• Interprets collected data to assist clients in developing their Employment Service Plans utilizing the Employment Ontario Information Systems for tracking client activities follow-ups and outcomes.
• Administers and records financial supports for clients and employers.
• Assists clients to prepare and meet the objectives of their Better Jobs Ontario and other training Applications.
• Conducts Employer Outreach in order to develop placement opportunities for clients in need of employment placement and where appropriate initiates on the job training financial incentives for the employer(s).
• Conducts scheduled follows-up with clients, monitors and supports their progress and job retention to ensure their employment service plans are fulfilled.
• Provides one-on-one assistance in resume/cover letters/interview skills as required.
• Maintains up-to-date job search and social support information and resource materials to support clients and make appropriate referrals as required
• Coaches and provides clients with pre-employment and post-employment mentoring opportunities.
• Maintains complete electronic case notes and service entries throughout the client relationship and compiles written and statistical reports as needed.
• Develops marketing strategies targeted at specific clients and employers.
• Conducts exit interviews upon employment and monitors client and employer for job retention, feedback on service quality and long-term impact.
• Facilitates structured individual, small group and e-counselling workshops to develop effective job search strategies.
• Assists with job fairs, employer and special events as needed.
• Social Services Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
• Minimum one (1) year of full-time employment counselling, facilitation and job placement experience.
• Experience working with MLTSD Case Management System (EOIS CaMS), or other databases and online employment tools
• Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using Zoom and other social media applications
• Must have strong case management and client employment service plan development skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of job creation programs, education and training programs and subsidized training programs.
• Knowledge of the current labour market and industry trends.
• Experience working with youth, internationally trained professional, apprentices, employers and the community.
• Thorough knowledge of job search techniques, strategies, information and resources.
• Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
• Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of current computer packages: word, email, internet, access is required.
• Car is necessary for travel as required in York Region.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01 and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday
LOCATION: 3100 Rutherford Road, Suite 102, Vaughan
START DATE: October 31, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $47, 790 - $51, 435 per annum + benefits
POSTING DATE: Sept. 26, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Oct. 7, 2022
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #228-22 to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=228-22