COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
- Conducts employability assessments with clients using Employment Service suitability indicators, potential employer requirements and labour market opportunities
- Obtains and interprets the results of in-depth career and employment assessments of clients using formal assessment tools or external testing resources, interprets collected data to assist clients in developing their Employment Service Plans
- Assists clients to prepare and meet the objectives of their Second Career and other training Applications
- Provides employment counselling services to un-/under-employed persons including newcomers, disadvantaged youth and adults
- Conducts Employer Outreach in order to develop placement opportunities for clients in need of employment placement and where appropriate initiates training on the job incentives for the employer(s)
- Follows up with clients and monitors their progress to ensure their employment service plans are fulfilled
- Maintains complete case notes and service entries throughout the client relationship and compiles written and statistical reports as needed
- Coaches and provides clients with pre-employment and post employment mentoring opportunities
- Collaborates with Business Liaison positions regarding employer contacts/labour market conditions and client placement options
- Develops marketing strategies targeted at specific clients and employers
- Liaises with community agencies, other youth serving organizations, boards of trade and professional groups for labour market and occupational information as a program resource
- Conducts exit interviews upon employment and monitors client and employer for job retention, feedback on service quality and long term impact
- Facilitates structured individual, small group and e-counselling workshops to develop effective job search strategies.
• Assists with job fairs, employer and special events as needed
- Facilitates networking/special speaker events to support and motivate employed clients and supports career advancement
- Works collectively within a team to meet contractual targets and deadlines
- Career and Work diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- Minimum twelve (12) months full-time employment counselling experience.
- Must have strong case management and client employment service plan development skills.
- Knowledge of job creation programs, education and training programs and subsidized training programs.
- Knowledge of the current labour market and industry trends.
- Experience in outreaching to youth, internationally trained professional, apprentices employers and the community.
- Thorough knowledge of job search techniques.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current computer packages: word, email, internet, access is required.
- Must be willing to occasionally work at both locations to ensure proper coverage, some evenings may be required.
- Car is necessary as frequent travel is required in the GTA.
This is a union position scheduled to work 25 hours per week (Current incumbent is on a Secondment)
Duration of Position: March 5, 2018 to December 7, 2018
Salary: $36.99 per hour
Location: 35 Kng Street, Weston Ontario
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference #24-18, to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephones call please.