ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting employers with qualified employees from diverse backgrounds. More than 35,000 job seekers are served annually at six locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit corporation, ACCES receives funding from all levels of government, corporate sponsors, various supporters and the United Way Greater Toronto.
ACCES is looking for skilled and career-oriented people who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, an RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
This position is mainly responsible for the creation of employment opportunities for ACCES clients. The individual in this position works with the ACCES Employment Consulting team and will work closely with all community partner agencies and employers.
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach strategy to employers
- Liaise with community professionals and employers to create competitive jobs and employment opportunities
- Monitor all placements, oversee training plan development and conduct on-going follow-up to ensure successful employment outcomes for program participants
- Integrate work with all ACCES staff, in particular with Employment Consultant team
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counselling and referrals when required
- Provide employment preparation and employability group sessions and individual resource centre support when required
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business Degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years’ experience in job development, employer outreach, employment counseling and/or recruitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of labour market information and trends
- Demonstrated ability to work and co-operate in a team
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Able to facilitate group activities
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
- Use of own vehicle is an asset to the job
- Knowledge of/experience with internationally trained professionals and sector-specific employers is a strong asset
- Sector specific knowledge and/or working experience within the engineering sector or with engineering employers would be considered an asset
Contract until August 28, 2020 – with the possibility of extension
Contract Duration: Contract until August 28, 2020, with possibility of extension
Salary: $52,865.67 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest (including the location) in the subject of the email.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.