1 Year Contract with Possibility of Extension
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 39,000 job seekers each year at seven locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit and charitable organization, ACCES provides job search services entirely free-of-charge, connecting newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.
We are looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
This position is mainly responsible for the creation of employment opportunities for ACCES clients. As an Employer Liaison, the individual in this position will also be working closely with the ACCES Employment Consulting team, all community partner agencies and employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach strategy to employers in the construction industry
- Liaise with community professionals, unions and employers to create competitive jobs, apprenticeship and employment opportunities
- Monitor all placements, oversee training plan development and conduct on-going follow-up to ensure successful employment outcomes for program participants
- Integrate work with all ACCES staff, in particular with Employment Consultant team
- Provide employment preparation and employability group sessions and individual resource centre support when required
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counselling and referrals when required
- Arrange job fairs and networking events
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Experience
- Business Degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years’ experience in job development, employer outreach, employment counseling and/or recruitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of labour market information and trends
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or employment sector is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work and co-operate in a team
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Able to facilitate group activities
- Online facilitation experience and ability to navigate virtual platforms such as, Zoom and MS Teams, is considered an asset
- Effective networking skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Use of own vehicle is an asset to the job; travel may be required between ACCES sites and for conducting outreach
- Knowledge of/experience working with internationally trained professionals, new immigrants and sector specific employers
- Experience in business development, sales, B2B recruitment is considered an asset
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
Job status: Unionized
Contract Duration: 1 Year Contract with Possibility of Extension
Salary: $53,928.28 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By Email: email@example.com
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
Please Note: ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer, strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, people of colour or members of racialized communities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
COVID-19 Response Plan:
ACCES continues to actively monitor the latest developments in the COVID-19 pandemic in Ontario. We will assess any new provincial and public health directions. At this time, ACCES is exercising caution to protect our community members by suspending the delivery of our in-person services. ACCES will continue to deliver all of our programs and services virtually and over the phone. To learn more about our comprehensive COVID-19 Response Plan click here: https://accesemployment.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ACCES_Employment_C...