COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The ELT program combines advanced level language training (Canadian Language Benchmark Levels 7) with sector specific terminology training and job placement for Internationally Trained Professionals.
Youth Program is specifically for new immigrant youth between the ages of 13 and 24. This program will provide youth with assistance in the areas of immigration & settlement, education, recreation and employment.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to ELT & Youth Services
- Handles client and youth inquiries in person, on the telephone and via email
- Compiles and verifies statistical reports for both programs
- Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates for signature regarding status of client
- Responsible for intake and registration for both ELT and Youth Services
- Responsible for input of client data into CIS
- Participate in the intake for clients and students
- Liaises with instructors and program staff and to collect and compile data for entry into CIS
- Prepares and verifies petty cash and course deposit statements for manager and other staff
- Orders office supplies as required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet and email
- High school graduation or equivalent and 12 months office experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers
- Ability to speak one of the following languages is an asset: Punjabi/Urdu/Hindi/Tamil
- Knowledge of the educational system, recreational programs and youth-related services would be an asset
- Knowledge of another spoken language would be an asset
- Knowledge of CIS would be an asset
This is a full-time contract position, scheduled to work 25 hours per week
(Current incumbent is on a secondment)
Start date: February 5, 2018 to December 31, 2018
Salary range: $26,707 to $28,743 per annum +benefits
Locations: 227 Vodden St. E Unit 3 – Centennial Mall
Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference 158-17 and send your resume with a cover letter to
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street Toronto, M6E 3P2
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.