COSTI REQUIRES A JOB DEVELOPER FOR ITS VAUGHAN ENHANCED LANGUAGE TRAINING PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The ELT program combines advanced level language training (Canadian Language Benchmark Levels 7) with sector specific terminology training and job placement for foreign-trained professionals. The job developer will assist participants in finding employment in their fields of expertise.
This is a full time Union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
(Current incumbent is on Maternity leave)
• Solicits placement opportunities in the professional sector relevant to clients’ past experience.
• Conducts employer worksite inspections prior to placing clients.
• Prepares and confirms placement contracts with employers.
• Organizes and conducts pre-employment workshops.
• Identifies clients’ job readiness and employment training needs.
• Assists participants in developing individualized and self-directed job search work plans and career portfolios.
• Reviews, critiques and provides feedback on participants’ résumé development and finalization.
• Provides one-on-one counselling and support to program participants.
• Assists participants in identifying and networking with field professionals.
• Prepares clients for job/work placement interviews, provides feedback and coaching.
• Monitors participants’ progress in their field placements and employers’ satisfaction.
• Assists participants in securing employment in the professional sector relevant to their past experience.
• Solicits feedback from participants and employers for program evaluation.
• Prepares and maintains narrative and statistical reports and other documentation as required.
• Inputs clients’ information into database system for services provided and maintains records of employer contacts.
• Conducts follow-ups with participants upon completion of field placements.
• Career and Work Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
• Minimum of six (6) months of experience facilitating employment workshops and counselling.
• Must have nine (9) months experience working with employers and placing clients.
• Experience and sensitivity in working with Foreign Trained Professionals.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Internet, and email is essential.
• Knowledge of wage subsidies and/other Employment Support Programs offered through MAESD
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with exceptional multitasking skills.
• Knowledge of access to professions for newcomers and their pre-employment needs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to speak another language would be an asset.
• Knowledge of the Teaching and Education sector would be an asset.
• Car is required for travelling throughout the GTA
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
LOCATION: 9100 Jane St., Building H, Vaughan
DURATION: September 24, 2018 to July 28, 2019
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $45,475 to $48,944 per annum + benefits
POSTING DATE: August 8, 2018
CLOSING DATE: August 21, 2018
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference #112-18, to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Email: email@example.com Fax: 416.658.8537