COSTI REQUIRES AN INSTRUCTOR FOR ENHANCED LANGUAGE TRAINING PROGRAM FOR WORKPLACE COMMUNICATION AND CUSTOMER SERVICE AT RICHMOND HILL WELCOME CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The ELT program combines advanced level workplace language training (Canadian Language Benchmark Levels 6+) with online sector specific terminology training and job placement for internationally trained professionals (ITI). This program adopts a blended language training approach, which delivers the workplace language training in class and the sector specific terminology training online. The ELT instructor is responsible for the in-class language instruction and the online sector specific terminology training via a Moodle platform.
This is a part time non-Union contract position scheduled to work 20 hours per week in multiple cycles**
Language classes (Monday to Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.)
Online facilitation (Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
• Adapt and further develop existing curriculum and teaching materials to CLB 7-9 ELT ITIs.
• Design, implement and instruct face-to-face Canadian Workplace English as a Second Language classes at CLBs 7-9.
• Instruct and facilitate participants’ online learning of sector specific terminology and language usage. Monitor learners’ progress.
• Design a long-range plan and daily lesson plans based on the curriculum and learners’ language needs using a task based approach.
• Conduct on-going needs assessments of participants.
• Develop a diversity of course materials that meet the objectives of the curriculum and the pre-employment preparation of learners.
• Develop and implement program evaluation tools for on-going and final assessment of learners’ progress. Provide feedback to learners for improvement.
• Provide feedback to program supervisor and team members for program coordination and adjustment.
• Creates a non-threatening and positive learning environment by acknowledging and respecting the students' existing skills and life experiences.
• Maintain attendance records, participants’ progress reports and other documentation as required.
• TESL Ontario certified.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching ESL or LINC at the higher levels.
• Priority consideration will be given to those with a background in Office Administration and Customer Service
• Previous experience providing online facilitation or online course delivery. Ability to provide technical troubleshooting will be considered an asset.
• Direct experience with Moodle, virtual seminars or other Online Learning Management Systems will be a definite asset.
• Experience in curriculum design or adaptation for higher levels/pre-employment language training programs.
• In depth knowledge of and experience using the Canadian Language Benchmarks and the LINC curriculum guidelines or the Curriculum Guidelines for the Ontario Adult Non-Credit Language Training Program.
• Completion of Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) will be an asset.
• Knowledge of access to professions issues facing newcomers, job search techniques, employment related vocabulary and professional terminology.
• Experience providing adult instruction using Microsoft Office programs and the Internet.
LOCATION: 9325 Yonge St., Richmond Hill
DURATION: October 11, 2018 to December 18, 2018
January 10, 2019 to March 21, 2019
RATE OF PAY: $36.33 per hour
POSTING DATE: August 8, 2018
CLOSING DATE: August 21, 2018
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference #113-18, to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 416.658.8537