COSTI, requires an Instructor for Enhanced Language Training (ELT) for Accounting, Office Adiminstration/Customer Service, Teaching and IT Sectors at Gillingham, Brampton Location.
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org
The ELT program combines advanced level workplace language training (Canadian Language Benchmark Levels 6+) with online sector specific terminology training and job placement for internationally trained professionals (ITI). This program adopts a blended language training approach which delivers the workplace language training in class and the sector specific terminology training online. The ELT instructor is responsible for the in-class language instruction and the online sector specific terminology training for Accounting and Information Technology via a Moodle platform.
Language classes will be held Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Online facilitation will be scheduled on Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Adapt and further develop existing curriculum and teaching materials to CLB 7-8 ELT ITIs
- Design, implement and instruct face to face Canadian Workplace English as a Second Language classes at CLBs 7-8
- Instruct and guide participants’ online learning of sector specific terminology and language usage
- Design a long range plan and daily lesson plans based on the curriculum and learners’ language needs
- Conduct on-going needs assessments of participants
- Develop a diversity of course materials that meet the objectives of the curriculum and the pre-employment preparation of learners
- Develop and implement program evaluation tools for on-going and final assessment of learners’ progress
- Provide feedback to program supervisor and team members for program coordination and adjustment
- Creates a non-threatening and positive learning environment by acknowledging and respecting the students' existing skills and life experiences
- Maintain attendance records, participants’ progress reports and other documentation as required
- TESL Ontario certified
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching ESL or LINC at the higher levels
- Previous experience providing online facilitation or online course delivery. Ability to provide technical troubleshooting will be considered an asset
- Priority consideration will be given to those with a background in Accounting and Information Technology
- Direct experience with Moodle, virtual seminars or other Online Learning Management Systems are definite assets
- Experience in curriculum design or adaptation for higher levels/pre-employment language training programs
- In depth knowledge of and experience using the Canadian Language Benchmarks and the LINC curriculum guidelines or the Curriculum Guidelines for the Ontario Adult Non-Credit Language Training Program
- Completion of Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) and Canadian Language Benchmarks Boot camp will be an asset
- Knowledge of access to professions issues facing newcomers, job search techniques, employment related vocabulary and professional terminology
- Experience providing adult instruction using Microsoft Office programs and the Internet
This is a non-union part-time contract position
Duration: January 11, 2018 to March 21, 2018 (Possible renewal pending confirmation of funding)
Salary range: $35.92 per hour
Locations: 10 Gillingham Dr, Brampton
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference 157-17 and send your resume with a cover letter to
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street Toronto, M6E 3P2
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.