COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
Shelter Services provide short-term accommodation and support services for vulnerable populations including Refugee Claimants. Childminding Services are being provided while parents remain on site.
- Plans, supervises and implements activities and programs to meet the complex needs of children
- Ensures that all programs encourage and promote the physical, cognitive, social and emotional development of all children
- Liaises with parents to encourage effective parenting skills and involves parents in the programs and activities
- Prepares and maintains the program area (e.g. creative arts center, cognitive area, dramatic play, large motor activities)
- Ensures that program set up, delivery and documentation meet the Shelter, Support & Housing Administration (SSHA) standards. Coordinate child registration for daily program and any related programs
- Provides brief orientation to parents and children at registration.
- Keeps accurate attendance, records and maintains children files, and prepares monthly childcare reports and statistics
- Recommends the purchase of toys, equipment and other resource material needed in the childcare program
- Conducts monthly fire drills and other health and safety procedures as required
- Maintains, cleans and disinfects children’s toys, furniture, and shelving area
- Early Childhood Education diploma or equivalent as deemed by the Association for Early Childhood Education, Ontario
- Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
- Knowledge of the Care for Newcomer Children model
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Valid standard first aid certificate
- Experience working with preschoolers/toddlers
- Creative, imaginative and anti-bias approach to programming
- Sensitive to and understanding of the needs of children and their parents who are new to Canada
- Ability to communicate in another language is an asset
This is a non-union contract position required to work 30 hours per week.
Duration: April 8, 2019 to December 31, 2019
Starting salary range: $37,420 to $40,274 + benefits
Location: Hwy 401 and Victoria Park Ave
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference 35-19 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.