Director, Technical Services
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 39,000 job seekers each year at seven locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit and charitable organization, ACCES provides job search services entirely free-of-charge, connecting newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.
We are looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct all technical resources & operations to meet organizational and client requirements as well as the support and maintenance of ACCES’ infrastructure including (but not limited to) Wide Area Network, Local Area Networks, e-mail, database servers, PC’s/laptops, printers, mobile devices, and telephone systems.
• Work closely with the SVP, Information Systems and the Director of Application and Data Services to:
o Ensure data and system security and integrity through development and supervision of Disaster Recovery Plan and Incident Response Plan; daily backups, archival and retrieval, access to all electronic information, maintenance of all standard security controls; firewall management, virus protection, cyber-security safeguards, etc.
o Identify opportunities and recommend solutions that will enhance or improve current business processes and/or increase capacity.
o Develop and execute a technical roadmap aligned to ACCES’ Technology strategy.
o Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
o Oversee project management for Technical Services undertakings throughout the project lifecycle, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and project post-mortems.
• Provide oversight to ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing productivity applications (Office 365 suite) by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
• Research, design, and implement the appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity.
• Liaise and negotiate with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases; oversee warranties and service agreements.
• Oversees and directs all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
• Conduct capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, messaging, Web sites, and other applications.
• Direct supervision of staff and contractors working in Technical Services.
• Stay informed of new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers.
• Other duties as assigned by the SVP, IS and the senior leadership team.
Qualifications and Experience
• The ideal candidate will have a University Degree/Technical Certificate in the field of computer science/Information systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 10+ years of proven experience as IT Director or similar roles
• Strong leadership, coaching, mentoring and team building skills
• A proven track record of designing and implementing IT projects that effectively balance the needs between continuously exploiting capabilities to optimize operational efficiency and delivering innovative and agile IT services and solutions
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to lead and work collaboratively with both technical and non-technical professionals
• A proven track record of successful business and budget planning results with experience in managing a budget and achieving financial results
• Excellent ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
• Ability to train staff on software and hardware as needed
• Must have access to a car and a valid Ontario driver’s license to provide IT support for our 7 sites
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By Email: email@example.com
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
Please Note: ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer, strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, people of colour or members of racialized communities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.