ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 40,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women, and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills, and experience of Canada's population.
ACCES is looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Service Excellence & Entrepreneurship, this position is responsible for ensuring service excellence in delivering ACCES Employment’s programs and services, including Employment Ontario, in the Toronto Region.
- Assist the SVP, Service Excellence & Entrepreneurship to develop, implement and evaluate new programs and initiatives
- Assist the SVP, Service Excellence & Entrepreneurship to further develop and implement the delivery of programs and services at ACCES Employment
- Manage the reporting of assigned program results, development of business plans, ensuring outcomes meet and exceed funder contractual obligations
- Assume direct leadership of assigned project teams, and provide programmatic leadership to indirect reports including onsite managers and teams, identifying opportunities to maximize productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of integrated programs and services in the organization
- Lead the development and implementation of continuous improvement activities overall, including any identified through project Advisory Committees
- Work in collaboration with the Program Administration and Quality Assurance teams, Directors, and cross-functional program/project managers to establish consistent guidelines, standards, statistical and financial tracking for successful project outcomes and effective integration across all programs and services
- Support the organization in the development and maintenance of stakeholder relationships
- Other duties as assigned
- University Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 8 years related work experience; prior management experience
- Proven success in the area of program implementation in outcomes-based initiatives
- In-depth understanding of strategic priorities specific to provincially and federally funded employment programs
- Demonstrated success in fostering collaboration and developing highly engaged teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build and maintain good working relationships with all levels in the organization and with employers, community partners, funders and service providers
- Ability to handle the privacy of confidential information and use sound judgment in protecting proprietary and/or confidential information related to business activities
- Experience in proposal development, writing, budgeting, and responding to funding Requests for Proposals, and other funding submissions
- Exceptional planning, organization, and problem-solving skills; must be pro-active, and have a sense of urgency
- Proven strength in human resources areas such as performance management, team leadership, and staff coaching/mentoring etc.
- Previous experience working in the not-for-profit sector and working with a diverse community, including delivering Employment Ontario programs, is preferred
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations or as required
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
Skills and Competencies:
- Results orientation
- Customer focus
- Team player
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Creativity and Innovation
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative decision making
- Ability to navigate and manage change
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexibility to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient working in an MS Office environment
- Experience in online services delivery is an asset
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Please Note: ACCES remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of October 1, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions. Employees who are not fully vaccinated due to a valid medical exemption must provide written proof from an allergist/immunologist/cardiologist.
Hkw to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons and, persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of any accommodation measures that are required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.