ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
ACCES is looking for skilled and career-oriented people who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Services and Organizational Development, the position of Director, Entrepreneurship Connections® provides an important strategic oversight and leadership to the Entrepreneurship Connections® Program, including the development and rollout of this exciting project nationally, as well as for pre-arrival immigrants. The Entrepreneurship Connections® program is an award-winning program designed for newcomers who plan to start a business in Canada. This innovative program assists newcomers who have owned or operated a business outside of Canada, or are transitioning their expertise into a business startup, to successfully start their business in the Canadian market. Our clients receive tailored training and wrap-around supports such as: key topics essential for newcomer entrepreneurs; individual coaching and mentoring; developing a business plan; and, connecting to the entrepreneurship eco-system in their communities, and across Canada. The incumbent in this position will work primarily in the Toronto office.
- Oversee the development, delivery and evaluation of all project components, including participant recruitment, vendor contracts, MOU’s, and communications with project partners, outreach and client management
- Facilitate the growth of this national project, and develop and implement the new Pre-Arrival program stream, including working effectively with local delivery partner organizations in select cities as well as engaging additional national partners
- Lead, develop and participate in proposal writing and seeking additional funding and resources
- Overall consolidation, development and evaluation of the program and ensuring the program complies with funders’ contracts, guidelines and targets. (e.g. assessment, curriculum development, course delivery, etc.)
- Coordinate, support, and engage the Program Advisory Committee
- Oversee the collection, preparation and maintenance of all reports & statistics
- Oversee file audits to ensure proper documentation and service excellence
- Provide leadership to staff and contractors working with the project both at the local and national levels
- Work closely with internal departments and teams, as well as with stakeholders and partner organizations to ensure appropriate coordination of program components
- Oversee the ongoing development and launch of digital content, and delivery of program components through the ACCES online platform
- Continue to collaborate and grow the existing relationship with BDC
- Support the enhancement and development of the existing mentoring component of the program to an online format
- Responsible for carrying out the above responsibilities and all other duties as required by Management
- Successful completion of a university degree and 5 years of relevant experience in Human Services, including leadership of programs and teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business development and entrepreneurship, including an understanding of market trends and resources for small business, particularly as they relate to newcomers
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience writing successful grant proposals in non-profit or similar settings, and managing government-funded projects/budgets
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven abilities to build and deepen collaborative relationships and partnerships with clients, internal and external stakeholders, and community and corporate partners
- Strong political and business acuity, with the ability to lead and influence positively within complex multi-disciplinary and diverse communities within non-profit or similar work settings, initiatives and projects
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and ability to both lead teams and work as part of a team
- Proven exemplary English verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to deliver presentations
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing budgets, reporting and proposal writing
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to effectively research and navigate an online environment
- Demonstrated familiarity with blended learning delivery methods, utilizing both online and in-person training methods and tools
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
- Ability to travel and oversee delivery nationally as needed
- French language proficiency, written and spoken, is an asset
- Successful candidates short-listed for an interview will be required to complete a writing assignment
Skills and Competencies:
- Results orientation
- Customer focus
- Team player
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Creativity and Innovation
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative decision making
- Ability to navigate and manage change
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexibility to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume and cover letter indicating on the subject line the position of interest to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Please Note: This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you to all applicants. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.