Seniors’ Care & Wellness, Community Care
Aging is a journey that requires thoughtful and careful planning. Our Seniors’ Care and Wellness team supports seniors so they can thrive at home with dignity and independence. Some of the programs that we offer include Assisted Living Services, Cluster Care, Seniors Day Programs, Seniors Active Living Centres, Meals on Wheels, Transportation, and many more.
- Actively contributes to the development of the unit’s overall strategy and develops operational plans to ensure alignment with organizational vision and strategic priorities while ensuring these are cascaded down into teams
- Carries out the management functions for operating the programs within the scope of responsibility including strategic planning and annual program planning and evaluation to ensure the strategic directions and annual objectives of the unit are achieved
- Manages the unit’s delegated financial, technological, and people resources to meet the funder’s expectations and unit outcomes in conjunction with functional leads and Vice President
- Ensures the procurement of government grants and contracts to achieve the goals of the programs
- Ensures the operation of program statistical information systems
- Develops and implements a process for client input into the programs
- Establishes the operational team’s talent management strategy, establishing current and future talent requirements and works with operational management to develop, recruit, and retain identified talent needs
- Coaches, mentors, and motivates a diverse staff team to strive for the best and to achieve quality results through regular feedback and inspirational communication
- Ensures the effective utilization of volunteers, students, and staff throughout the programs and ensures a platform of support and training for both volunteers and staff
- Proactively collaborates with internal and external operational partners to effectively coordinate resources and responses to achieve enhanced collective client outcomes
- Builds on best practices and feedback from stakeholders to identify options and opportunities to address emerging community needs
- Ensures the day to day operations of the programs are consistent with any legislation or agreement governing the unit
- Master’s degree in a related specialized field
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience in a related field.
What Will Set You Apart
- Demonstrates the ability to think and act strategically
- Experience cultivating exceptional teams
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with collaborating with partners and key stakeholders
- Driven to promote innovation and guide change
- Dedicated to achieving operational excellence
- Inherent desire to make a difference
- Program planning, development, and evaluation skills
- Proposal preparation, writing, and presentations skills
- Demonstrated experience in operational financial management
- Superior interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
Employment Type: Full-Time, Non-Bargaining Unit
Work Hours: 35 hours/week
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter, quoting the competition #2019-047-CC in the subject line to:
WoodGreen is an equal opportunity employer. WoodGreen is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative at email@example.com of the accommodation measures required. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.