OCISO- Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
About Refugee 613
Refugee 613 is a communications organization created by a network of service providers, refugee sponsors and community volunteers. We provide our partners and the public with information, connection and inspiration to improve the welcome and integration of refugees. As part of our commitment to actively work to dismantle systemic racism, we are in the process of ensuring equity and inclusion are embedded in all our internal practices and services. Our small, energetic and diverse team highly values life experience, curiosity and creativity. We work hard, laugh a lot and care deeply about what we do.
Refugee 613 is looking for talented communicators to help us with the rapid launch and scaling of the Community Information Exchange, a suite of exciting new digital services to help newcomers get the information they need to stay healthy and safe during COVID-19. The Digital Content Coordinator will coordinate Refugee 613’s development of digital content, particularly the new national COVID-19 Community Information Exchange. They will build partnerships with stakeholders and work closely with team members to coordinate and support new multilingual content production.
Reports to: Director, Refugee 613
- Provide expert project management and oversight of the COVID-19 Community Information Exchange activities, including planning, budgeting, team supervision and reporting
- Coordinate production of new content (such as infographics, multilingual videos and fact sheets), including workflow management, liaising with contractors, developing promotion plans, and quality assurance
- Develop and maintain partnerships with stakeholders
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect approach
- A post-secondary degree from a recognized university or a college diploma, or equivalent practical experience in a professional setting
- Excellent strategic communications skills: you know how develop and implement strategies to meet audience needs on a variety of platforms
- Experience in coordinating production workflow in creative fields: you have coordinated the work of several colleagues at various stages of writing, editing, designing and producing digital content, ensuring deadlines are met and quality is high
- Strong project coordination experience: you know how to develop and follow a project plan, build and track budgets and manage contractors
- Experience working with people from highly diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- Proven ability to make complex topics easy to understand through clear writing and use of plain language
- Highly organized and self-motivated: you manage your workload and prioritize tasks
- Experience managing projects according to a defined schedule and deliverables
- Ability to work with a small, passionate team in a sensitive, respectful manner
- Excellent verbal and written English is required, proficiency in a second language is considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office and G-Suite tools required; Experience with Adobe Suite, Hootsuite, Zoho and/or other graphic design, CRM or video/audio editing technology is an asset
Term: Full-time, 35h/week - September 2020 - March 2021
Salary Range: $54,600-$58,200 annually.
How to Apply:
Please send the following documents by 5:00 p.m. on September 18, 2020 to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator
We will be assessing your cover letter as an example of your communications skills. Please use your cover letter to demonstrate exactly how you meet the specific qualifications listed above, in less than 250 words. Please do not simply summarize the work history listed in your resume.
Please ensure your application files are named as follows:
- A cover letter with the following file name: NAME_DigitalCoordinator_CoverLetter
- A resume with the following file name: NAME_DigitalCoordinator_Resume
If you would like clarification on any of the criteria, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Please keep your inquiries brief; this is not an invitation to expand on your application, nor is it an opportunity for a pre-interview.
We value diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, newcomers, Indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.