OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
About Refugee 613:
Refugee 613 is a project created by a grassroots network of citizens, settlement agencies, sponsorship groups and community partners. We provide our partners and the public with information, connection and inspiration to foster community welcome and integration of refugees. As an independent, non-partisan coalition project, Refugee 613 is hosted by OCISO, which provides legal and administrative governance for Refugee 613 staff.
The Digital Communications Specialist is a key member of the Refugee 613 team. They work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders to further Refugee 613’s strategic objectives, under the direction of the Director of Refugee 613.
- Lead the update of Refugee 613’s overall communications strategy, including traditional, digital and advocacy dimensions
- Develop and execute a new digital content strategy, including social media plan and content calendar
- Create communications and marketing products including e-newsletters, social media posts, web content, ensuring consistency of quality, brand and messaging across all materials
- Create and maintain internal guide to brand voice and style
- Maintain the Refugee 613 website as needed
- Advise colleagues on communications best practices
- Measure and monitor communications outcomes, adjusting plans/strategies accordingly
- Provide communications and marketing planning and execution for key Refugee 613 events
- Coordinate the design and production of a variety of traditional communication materials, as needed
- Develop and track the Communications budget
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned
- 2+ years professional experience designing and leading social media and advocacy strategies
- A post-secondary degree from a recognized university or a college diploma in public relations, communications or journalism, or equivalent work experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; French highly desirable
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, meet deliverables within established deadlines and effectively manage multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to represent Refugee 613 to the highest level with partners and stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a positive attitude
- Proficiency with the full suite of digital software, project management software and databases
- Experience in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience working in communications for non-profits, particularly in settlement and /or human rights
- Ability to thrive in an open-space environment with a small, mission-driven team
Salary & Benefits: $ $48,867 – $52,000 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement.
Term: 35 hours per week (full-time), August 2019 – March 2020 (Subject to Renewal)
Reports to: Director, Refugee 613
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by 5:00 p.m. on August 2, 2019 to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator
In your cover letter, please summarize exactly how you meet the specific Essential Qualifications listed above. Please do not summarize your work history in your cover letter. You are welcome to use your cover letter to demonstrate your flair for effective content creation.
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all who have expressed interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.