The CICS Foundation is a registered charity formed to develop resources and funds in order to support CICS programs and services; and its staff works closely with CICS staff to achieve the common goal.
Ref.: 06-21 / Development Assistant (contract)
Job Title: Development Assistant
Work Locations Immigrant Resource Centre
Work Team/Unit: Employment Services
Weekly Hours: 17.5 hours per week, may be required to work irregular hours including evenings, Saturdays and some holidays
Status: Non union
Position Summary/ Nature and Scope: Works with the Development Team to implement the agency’s resource development plan, solicit corporate sponsorships for special events and programs, develop relevant materials, and increase donor engagement; Responsible for supporting the administration and coordination of the agency’s fund-raising events and programs.
• Works with Development Team and provide support in logistics, follow ups, record keeping, data entry using donor system database, prepare claims and cheque requisitions on expenses.
• Keeps track of donations from Silent Partner, Benevity, Canada Helps & regular reports.
• Drafts articles (both English & Chinese preferably) prior to and after events for CICSF website.
• Implements & follow up on development projects and events.
• Helps to coordinate with different departments within CICS for agency-wide projects.
• Helps to communicate with and follow up with stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction & successful projects & events.
• Helps to identify potential partners and projects in the community.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal and public relationship skills.
• Ability to take independent action and go beyond what the job or situation requires to attain organization goals and objectives.
• Anticipate and plan to deal with problems and opportunities.
• An ability to work effectively with others in a group to achieve common objectives and partners effectively across all levels in the organization.
• Ability to deal with issues directly and in a timely manner.
• Embrace working within a culturally diverse environment, identify opportunities to provide better or more effective human capabilities and programs to achieve the desired outcomes.
• Good organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
• Attention to details, ability to perform well under pressure and tight timelines.
• Ability to perform detailed planning, information analysis and report preparation.
• A minimum of a university degree or equivalent. Certification or training on Fundraising or other related discipline an asset.
• Event planning experience preferred.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English; and ability to read and write Chinese.
• Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and donor database programs preferred.
• A satisfactory result in Vulnerable Sector Screening is mandatory.
All resumes are to be sent to CICS by email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on Feb 22, 2021.
Application should quote Job # 06-21 Development Assistant and address the covering letter to:
CICS Hiring Committee
2330 Midland Avenue, Toronto, ON M1S 5G5
CICS is an equal opportunity employer. We provide accommodations during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities if required. This will be in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act and Ontario Human Rights Code. We thank all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone call inquiries.