Achev is re-developing a web-based application (HARTs) with upgraded technologies. The Re-Platforming of HARTs will be developed in parallel to the current HARTs project to incorporate any ongoing major system changes. This project is co-funded by IRCC & MCCSS. The HARTs system is currently accessible to users including assessment centers (LACs), language-training providers (LTPs), and government with ongoing improvements across Ontario. The individual in this role will translate business data requirements into logical and physical data models, will understand and apply the concepts of proper data modelling and database design, and gain a strong understanding of source data to ensure the design approach results in a logical and efficient data models.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- Lead and participate in database design reviews
- Contribute to design decisions, serve as the enterprise data owner for application and platform development reviews, lead strategic technology initiatives, project architecture reviews and systems design
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions
- onitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems
- Create automation for repeating database tasks
- Willing to learn new tools and technologies to be able to work effectively in a rapid growth environment with changing needs and requirements
- Technical environment: .NET core and an interesting mix of other technologies. Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL is a must
- Bachelor degree in a computer science related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of technical working experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience: Database Design, Data Maintenance, Database Security and Database Management.
- Must have a strong technical background in application architecture and design, ideally with a strong experience in overall solution architecture (including but not limited to design of databases, web services, infrastructure)
- Participated in requirement gathering sessions and conduct requirements analysis for the database design
- The selected individual must be highly motivated and have skills in communication and presentation as well as business analysis.
- Demonstrable skills in the translation of complex technical issues into easy-to understand language for a non-technical audience.
- Experience of end-to-end solution design in a web-based application development environment.
- Excellent knowledge of OS/SQL server: 2016
- Previous SSIS, ETL, and reporting experience (at least 3 years).
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Able to perform data analysis and write complex SQL queries.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to think strategically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume by November 23, 2020