The Summer Settlement Program (SSP) provides group orientations and information sessions to newcomer youth and adults, related to housing, transportation, social and health services. Working on a tight timeline, the Program Worker is responsible for developing activities, recruiting newcomer clients to attend, and reporting on results, all within the period of the contract.
CultureLink is seeking to fill two openings. Successful candidates will have existing networks of newcomers who are new to CultureLink and eager to take advantage of the agency’s programming. Maintaining positive relationships with CultureLink colleagues and external partners is essential to program success. All agency staff are also expected to support each other and to collaborate on agency-wide events.
Under conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic, program delivery is primarily remote and the Program Worker must be proficient with technology and online tools (for example Zoom, Google Meets), and able to support clients to participate using technology and online tools. The Program Worker works from home or in a shared office, depending on public health conditions. Laptop and cell phone is provided by the Employer.
Reports to: Manager, Settlement Workers in Schools
- Prepare programs
- Prepare promotional material and publicize events; organize registration of clients
- Review client background information, interview clients to obtain case history and prepare intake reports
- Refer clients to other social services or assist clients in locating and utilizing community resources including legal, medical and financial assistance, housing, employment, transportation, day care and other services
- Maintain program statistics, input to OCMS database
- Post-secondary program or degree in a relevant field or a combination of equivalent experience and education
- Three years of community work experience
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening within the past six months
- Fluency in languages other than English is an asset
Job title: Program Worker, Summer Settlement Program
Classification: A (Program Worker), Contract
Start / End Date: July 2 – July 29, 2021 (4 weeks)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Compensation: $26.48 per hour
How to apply:
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume by email quoting the reference number CLU-2021-04 to:
The Office Manager
CultureLink is a settlement and community organization with 30 years’ experience in developing and delivering services to meet the needs of diverse communities. CultureLink works within an anti-oppression framework and is committed to equity. This is a bargaining unit position.