Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development.
AYSP provides a client-centered, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our dynamic Halton & Peel Counselling Program (HPC). The HPC Program provides individual and/or family counselling for youth ages 12-19, who are on Probation in Halton and Peel or involved in Youth Justice programming at AYSP, and experiencing mental health challenges.
- Provide in person and/or virtual counselling services
- Devise and deliver goal-focused trauma-informed assessments and treatment in partnership with youth, and at times their families, working toward improving functioning at home, school and in the community
- Provide case management support for youth, including working collaboratively with formal and informal support systems
- Design and implement crisis plans, to ensure safety within the home/school/community settings
- Maintain professional documentation, in the form of session summaries, assessments, progress reports and discharge summaries
- Participate in weekly clinical peer supervision and monthly individual supervision
- Provide statistical information related to the service provided to each client and participate in program evaluation
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with partner agencies/organizations
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, regular evening work will be required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Social Work or related undergraduate degree; Master’s degree in Social Work is considered an asset
- Registration within the professional regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario in good standing is required
- Minimum two years’ experience working with youth and families with complex needs
- 1- 2 years of experience working with children and youth who have experienced trauma
- Knowledge of and experience in the delivery of clinical interventions, including Trauma- informed Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and Solution Focused Therapy
- Demonstrated ability to work with youth involved with the Youth Justice system
- Fluency in French or a language other than English is considered an asset
Salary Range: $47,395 - $56,668
Job Type: Full-Time Contract (1 year)
Location: Head office in Peel Region, with requirements to also work from other office locations in Halton and Peel Regions
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program.
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until January 18, 2023 at 5:00 pm.