Associated Youth Services of Peel is an accredited, not - for - profit charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with in mental health and/or in the Youth Justice System. We are a compassionate team of professionals dedicated to helping children, youth and families manage mental health and/or justice issues to realize their potential. AYSP provides a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage all children, youth, and families in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
Our staff bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development to ensure a high quality of service. AYSP offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefits program.
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our dynamic team.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Union Affiliation: OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
- Provide outreach and/or virtual counselling to assist youth in achieving goals related to family, school, mental health issues, safety, independence skills and social skills
- Complete a comprehensive, strength-based assessment and, in conjunction with the client, develop an individualized treatment plan.
- Provide case management and service coordination, working collaboratively with community and partner agencies in support of client needs.
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, evening work will be required.
- Maintain professional documentation in the form of assessments, case notes, discharge summaries and statistical information.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework is reflected in everyday interactions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Social Work or related undergraduate degree; Master’s degree in Social Work is considered an asset.
- Registration within the professional regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario in good standing is required
- Minimum of two years clinical experience working with children, youth and their families
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-need clients utilizing a goal-focused, strength-based approach
- Assessment, goal formulation and treatment planning skills
- Experience and working knowledge of child and adolescent development
- Knowledge of and experience in the delivery of clinical interventions, including: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, trauma- informed therapy, Systems Theory, family therapy, Crisis Intervention, mindfulness, behavioural-based treatments, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of services available within the child and youth and adult mental health systems in Peel
- Experience in collaborating with other services and advocating on behalf of children, youth and their families
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and provide own transportation, with appropriate liability insurance and evidence of coverage for transporting clients
- Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $47,395 - $56,668 yearly
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision provided
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program.
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply:
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until October 11, 2022 at 5:00 pm.