COSTI REQUIRES A HOUSING WORKER FOR THE NORTH YORK CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment, rehabilitation and E.S.L. services to newcomers. For more information about COSTI, please visit our Website at http://www.costi.org
This is a non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
• Assists clients to find, stabilize and maintain their housing through Housing Access, Housing Stabilization and Eviction Prevention services.
• Conducts intake and needs assessments.
• Assists clients with housing applications.
• Provides case management services, supportive counselling and crisis intervention.
• Provides information and refers clients to appropriate services or programs.
• Educates clients on housing options and housing related issues including landlord/tenant rights.
• Conducts outreach activities and participates in relevant committees and community networks.
• Facilitates and/or co-facilitates support groups and workshops.
• Maintains program files, statistical information and evaluation data; prepares narrative and statistical service reports as needed.
• Recruits landlords and mediates with housing providers
• Advocates on behalf of clients.
• Records client and service data in CIS, the agency database.
• Social Service Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant Housing practicum experience.
• A minimum of nine (9) months of previous experience working in a housing drop-in centre.
• Demonstrated knowledge of housing and homelessness issues and the Housing First model of service.
• Previous experience providing supportive counselling.
• Sensitivity to issues of race relations, gender, abuse survivors and mental health; knowledge of newcomer/refugee and immigration issues.
• Experience in group facilitation within multicultural settings, using adult education principles.
• Knowledge of internet, email and Windows environment software, e.g. Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be able to speak Arabic. Fluency in other languages will be considered an asset, ex. Am-haric, Assyrian, French, Kurdish, Somali, etc.
• Must be able to work some evenings.
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday
LOCATION: North York Centre - Sheridan Mall, 1700 Wilson Ave., Suite 114
DURATION: January 3, 2017 to March 31, 2017
SALARY RANGE: $24.33 to $26.19
POSTING DATE: December 14, 2016
CLOSING DATE: December 28, 2016
If you are interested, please quote Reference #103-16
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, ON. M6E 3P2
Fax: (416)-658-8537 or Email: email@example.com
“We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.”
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Please quote Reference #103-16 and send your resume with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org